Staff Software Engineer
Legl is a fast-growing, vertical B2B SaaS platform with a mission to bring the legal industry into the 21st century. We closed our Series B (May 2022), and we are scaling quickly on our next phase of growth.
Our vision is to be part of a structural change in the legal industry so that firms, as well as their clients, have a better experience of accessing legal services. We launched in October 2019 and in the short time since then have built a large law firm customer base who love our product and our team.
We have an agile, ambitious and collaborative team. With deep experience across design, tech and the industry, we put our employees first. We’re looking for people who can grow with us.
Our core values are agility, ambition, and collaboration. We rely heavily on data and first principles decision-making.
As our Staff Software Engineer, you’ll be immersed across every part of our technical process. Working closely and collaboratively with our agile squads, you’ll design and build elegant solutions to complex user problems. As part of our journey to transform the Legal industry, our Engineering team is key to delivering our best-in-class user experience.
Joining a cross-functional team built on collaboration, you will have the opportunity to build across the full stack from back end, front end, platform and more.
You’ll also be helping us to continuously improve how we work - whether that’s with new ways of working, new best practice or new tools & technologies.
Our Stack and Environment
We work in collaborative, cross-functional, agile development teams that are empowered to achieve their goals, with a focus on working smart to delivering value early and quickly. We have an agile system that aims to provide structure where we need it and get out of the way the rest of the time, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes. The same is true for our development tools and practices, where we aim to automate what we can, collaborate where we can and are constantly on the lookout for new ideas that will enable us to work better.
- Built web applications in an agile environment as part of a cross-functional team
- Willing to work across the front and back end, even if you’re more experienced on one side
- Passionate about technology, and excited to learn through experience and collaboration
- Product-minded, always aim to understand the core of the problem and focus on the objective you’re aiming to achieve
- Write clean, performant, tested and maintainable code
- Care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work
- If you’re not sure if you meet all of these requirements, but it sounds like the right role for you, then we’d still encourage you to apply!
- Competitive salary and share options: we all share in Legl’s success
- Legl has a dynamic, remote-first culture, with a focus on making work work for you. We give generous budgets for home set-ups, co-working space use if you need or want it and access to office spaces for collaboration in person, no matter where you live.
- Twice-annual offsites to get to socialise with your colleagues in person.
- Opportunity to join a well-funded, post-Series B startup in our mission to make legal services better for everyone
- High impact work that really matters - success in this role will drive our growth and have a big impact on the business and our clients
- A focus on wellbeing with access to support sessions with a psychotherapist and a personal wellbeing budget of £250 per year
- A learning and development budget of £1000 per year
- Regular company off-sites, where we all get together in-person, as well as frequent remote social events
We believe that having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Something looks off?