Director of Software Engineering
As a Director of Software Engineering at Katalyst, you'll have the opportunity to help scale a world-changing health & fitness company. We’re looking for an agile leader with strong technical expertise and experience working in small and/or start up companies. The successful candidate will be a highly capable people manager who is passionate about designing and scaling a successful engineering organization that meets the changing needs of our business. This person will be an integral part of the senior leadership team, partnering with others on that team to translate our company vision and strategy into the software that enables us to achieve our purpose at scale.
Founded in 2015, Katalyst is a groundbreaking, full-body Electro-Muscle Stimulation (EMS) workout that is designed to enhance your fitness at every stage of life. Our FDA-cleared EMS technology works with your body rather than against it, delivering personalized and efficient strength, power, cardio, and recovery workouts in just 20 minutes or less.
With our recent Series A funding of $26 million in 2022, we’re ready to continue to build our small but mighty team. If you’re excited by innovative technology, enjoy solving problems in an agile environment, and are passionate about building a world class organization from the ground up, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.katalyst.com.
- Build and lead a team of software engineers and own development, quality, security scalability and availability across multiple applications.
- Work closely with Hardware, Quality, Marketing, and Experience, and Leadership to deliver a world-class product experience.
- Leverage a metrics-based approach to improve efficiencies in the SDLC. Implement, gather and report team/project metrics to track execution and effectiveness. Continuously monitor and improve processes and identify training and automation opportunities
- Grow, manage, and motivate the engineering organization. Recruit and hire top talent and nurture the team by mentoring and influencing cross-functional teams
- Work collaboratively across all parts of the organization, empowering other team members and delivering results.
- Act decisively and collaborate to remove impediments for the team.
- Act as the primary point of contact for stakeholders and cross-functional teams.