We are looking for an exceptional Copywriter to develop engaging and aspirational content across brand communication channels. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to help launch a world-changing health and fitness company, we want to talk to you!
Katalyst is the world’s most efficient workout. Our FDA-cleared training system and full-body suit use Electro Muscle Stimulation (EMS) to deliver specifically-tuned, low-frequency impulses to each of your major muscle groups. These impulses imitate the brain signals that cause your muscles to contract and significantly increase your muscle activity. When combined with simple, bodyweight movements, Katalyst multiplies the results of any exercise. The result is a complete, full-body workout in just 20 minutes, with no external weights or impact on your joints. Learn more at www.katalyst.fit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop content to support the entire customer journey, including web and ad copy, email campaigns, blog articles, FAQs, and sales and marketing collateral
- Ensure that copy and creative aligns with strategic business goals and brand voice
- Become a subject matter expert on physiology, kinesiology, fitness and EMS training in order to translate complex topics into relatable brand messages
- Drive a creative strategy that easily repackages content from long form to bite size, across blog, email, FAQ, social, ads, etc.
- Support executive communications, award submissions, PR pitches, and other initiatives where consistent brand voice is key
- Manage multiple deliverables on campaigns with competing timelines
- Provide best practice guidance for effective copywriting and raise the bar for our brand voice
- Critique and review work from supporting team members to ensure quality execution
- Interpret strategic and creative feedback to drive direction
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of experience as a copywriter working with sports, fitness or wellness brands, ideally at an agency, design studio or in-house team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, or a scientific discipline
- Versatile skill set and the ability to adapt to various formats, audiences, and subject matter
- Ability to distill technical information, and to make science, technology and fitness topics simple, relatable and compelling
- Demonstrated passion for health & fitness
- Ability to work with limited oversight in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment
- Strong understanding of digital and social platforms, as well as SEO best practices
- Appreciation for the relationship between textual and visual elements and the belief that a product isn't truly great unless copy and design support each other
- Experience with writing/editing video scripts
Bonus points for:
- Technical or scientific background, or experience in kinesiology or athletic training that can be applied to Katalyst
At Katalyst, the health and well-being of our employees is of the utmost importance to us. We offer the following to all full-time employees:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and 50% employer-paid for all dependents.
- 6 weeks of company-paid medical and family leave
- 401k, including 4% company match
- Company stock options
- Flexible PTO
Katalyst is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The salary range for this role is $65,000 to $97,000.
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and business needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled.
Something looks off?