PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced Writer for the development of a new unannounced title!
If you love collaborating with talented developers to create genre-defining games, join us as we embark on a new journey. The ideal candidate has a mastery of storytelling and understands the deep partnership between gameplay and narrative. This individual will be responsible for crafting powerful storylines, strong character arcs, and compelling dialogue.
***Please provide a sample of your best work, ideally in a script format, but other forms are acceptable if a script is not available.***
- Work closely with the Lead Writer and all members of the writing team to create compelling stories, exceptional dialog, and bring characters to life with your words
- Partner with Narrative Designers to ensure that narrative systems support the plot and key narrative beats
- Utilize in-house tools to write, review, and polish your scripts
- Work with the project directors, leads and producers to support interdisciplinary collaboration across art, animation, design, audio, programming, and user research to reach project goals
- Maintain a studio environment and team culture that supports a quality focused experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a professional writing role including multiple published works or shipped games
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game title in a writing role
- Knowledge of contemporary gameplay and narrative design, with an understanding of different narrative systems/delivery mechanisms
- Skills and experience to quickly turn around feedback
- Strong collaboration, communication, writing skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Experience working through all phases of writing within AAA game development
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.