Sr Change & Program Manager (Contract)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Change and Program Manager (contract) - 12 month contract assignment
San Diego, CA / Hybrid
This is a vital support role within the Global Partner Services, Service Delivery team. The Change Manager will be responsible for developing and administering Change, to the benefit of partners as well as internal employees. The successful candidate will work with the Change Lead to focus on ensuring the organization is ready, willing and able to accept changes to business processes, systems and technology, and that any associated changes to job roles and organization structures are well understood.
Working closely alongside the Change lead, the Change & Program Manager will assist with the development of Change management strategies and plans that maximize user acceptance and minimize resistance. The Change & Program Manager will also take ownership of program management aspects of all applicable large scale change initiatives for the Service Delivery team. This individual will focus on process and technology change from end-to-end: Discovery through Design, Planning, Build and Release. A successful candidate will have a background in consulting that focused on Change, Program Management or both.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Patient, persistent, discrete, pragmatic/realistic and diplomatic
- A starter and finisher with ability to persevere, package ideas into strategies, champion ideas and work through transformational change to deliver results even with levels of ambiguity present
- Data-centric and analytical with good planning skills and fine attention to detail
- Essential - both detail and 'big-picture' conscious
- Essential - excellent negotiation and advocacy skills including ability to clearly communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Experienced in managing multiple active projects and balancing resource in line with business priorities
- Creative and energetic team player who embraces change and a desire to continually improve
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with key global stakeholders
- Able to challenge how things are done at all levels and provide respectful but clear suggestions for improvement on process and operations with an impartial and holistic perspective
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful programs with both small and large groups across process, people and technology in a global setting
- Being able to work with technical stakeholders and navigate technical roadmaps, processes or concepts to effectively be able to translate these into needs
- A clear understanding of cultural differences around the globe and ability to adapt plans and approach to accommodate
- Experience working in a global team with international colleagues with ability to collaborate effectively across regions, disciplines and timezones
- Experience managing multiple vendors delivering the majority of technical work
- Appropriate Change / Program Management related qualifications
- Genuine passion for video games, technology and end user experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.