Sr Animation Programmer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced Animation Programmer for the development of a new unannounced title!
If you love writing code while collaborating with the designers and animators to bring characters and environments to life, come join our team! The ideal candidate understands animation, champions the gameplay experience, and has the technical knowledge to make those ideas a reality.
- Design, implement, and maintain core animation systems and animation build pipeline
- Optimize game engine / build pipeline by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture
- Collaborate with other engineers, animators, technical animators, and character tech artists to improve animation technology in the run-time, workflows, pipelines, and tools
- Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Expertise in C and C++
- Animation experience that includes state machines, low-level systems, compression, blending, and curves
- Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Good collaborator within a large, diverse team
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.