Senior Game Data Analyst
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
In Game Analytics, we work with some of the best game studios in the world -- responsible for developing some of the most recognisable and ambitious console games and franchises on PlayStation, including Uncharted, The Last of Us, Horizon, God of War, and Gran Turismo.
We provide end-to-end analytics services for PlayStation Studios and use data to help them make their amazing games even better. We seek dedicated people to join us in pushing the boundaries of game analytics for PlayStation.
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Game Data Analyst, you will be working in our cross-disciplinary team to help game studios use data efficiently to improve games. You will work with decision-makers to understand their goals, find opportunities, and guide decisions about features and games across the company. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing data to deliver high quality insights that contribute to game improvements and drive revenue growth.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to drive insightful data-informed conversations, spanning from initial business discussions to successful delivery.
- Understanding project requirements, defining KPIs and standard metrics, and recommending robust telemetry design.
- Overseeing data quality to ensure accuracy and reliability in reporting and analysis.
What we are looking for:
- Advanced SQL knowledge, with a proven track record of applying these skills to analyse complex customer behaviour datasets.
- Analytical skills to produce data-backed insights that help improve game design, including experience using statistics, probability, or other quantitative methods.
- Experience in driving conversations with a large spectrum of stakeholders, translating sometimes fuzzy business needs into technical requirements, and delivering effective solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of the gaming industry, including the realm of live service games.
- Experience working with data visualisation tools, such as Looker or Tableau.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to create compelling and engaging presentations.
- Experience using and designing game telemetry with AAA or large mobile games.
Bonus points if you have:
- A knack for trying and learning new things.
- Experience in Python, Jupyter notebooks, R, or machine learning.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage
“Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights”
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.