Game Test Analyst - Live Services / Online Multiplayer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Game Test Analyst – Live Services / Online Multiplayer
at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Onsite in San Diego, CA
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConneX (Yoh Services). The anticipated duration of this engagement will vary. The duration of the assignment cannot exceed 24 months.
This is an entry level role and great for a recent grad!
The people we work with are one of the key things that makes PlayStation Studios QA a great place to work and play. We are always looking for new, diverse faces to help grow our playfully positive culture.
Game Testers at PlayStation are responsible for finding, researching, replicating, and accurately reporting bugs to the game development teams. The ideal candidate is a passionate and driven gamer who plays online multiplayer games, and dreams of playing it first! We are looking for individuals that are analytical thinkers and problem solvers, have excellent grammar, and want to contribute their talents to the PlayStation team to help craft an outstanding entertainment experience.
Quality Assurance is a great way to get into the gaming industry and possibly grow into other positions/fields.
PlayStation Studios QA supports all of PlayStation Studios. We work closely with Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch, Bend Studio, Pixel Opus, San Diego Studio, Santa Monica Studio, Guerrilla Games, London Studio, Media Molecule, Team Asobi, Firesprite, Nixxes, Housemarque, Valkyrie Entertainment, Polyphony Digital, along with many ambitious external studios through XDev.
Come join us and be a part of the next great PlayStation Studios release!
The Game Test Analyst is expected to support the PlayStation Studios QA department in all areas, including:
- Carrying out test plans on pre-release versions of software
- Assessing product functionality against official SIE quality standards
- Researching and documenting product defects and violations
- Logging issues for development team review in concise written report formats
- Providing user feedback that can help shape the end product.
- Applying knowledge of basic to intermediate networking principles and online console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality elements
- Collaborating on miscellaneous QA test process related tasks / projects
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A strong passion for and knowledge of Online Multiplayer games
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication (needs to be able to communicate bugs – how did you find them? What exact steps are needed to make it happen again?) and work with others to reproduce them.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of networking setup and hardware, as well as how its principles and components apply to modern console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality
- Ability to work in both an individual and team environment
- Flexible schedule
- 1+ years of previous QA experience in a related field
- 4 year college degree
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, working with our partners, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.