PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an intermediate level Gameplay Programmer. If you love writing code and collaborating with the designers to create genre-defining games, come join our team!
The ideal candidate understands game design, champions the player experience and has the technical knowledge to bring those ideas to life through gameplay features and systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain systems and tools to support gameplay (animation, AI, combat, camera, core tech, etc.)
- Collaborate with designers and other programmers as needed
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Support tools and technology as needed for specific project requirements
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of professional programming experience
- Good understanding of what makes a game fun and interesting to play
- Experience with player-controlled systems and/or combat
- Expertise in C and C++
- Strong programming generalist with a passion for learning
- Proficient in linear algebra, matrix and vector math used in games
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Experience working with animation systems
- Experience working with physics systems
- Experience working with behavior tree and/or visual scripting systems
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.