Internship: Simulation Graphics
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
Are you passionate about democratizing robotics and making cutting-edge technology accessible for all? We are seeking highly motivated and talented interns to join our dynamic team and contribute to the advancement of robotics in an exciting internship opportunity. In this role, your primary objective will be to enhance the rendering quality of the Gazebo robotics simulator. As part of your responsibilities, you will research and select a modern approach for approximating global illumination effects. This will be followed by integration and testing on the simulator.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Explore and implement solutions to improve the rendering quality of robot simulations
- Contribute towards the development of robotics software (including our platform Flowstate)
- Collaborate with a team of experienced professionals in modern software development practices
- Participate in open source software development
- Assist in the development and shipping of complex product roadmaps
- Coordinate software development efforts across cross-functional and cross-geographical teams
Skills you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s student in Computer Science or related field required (Master's students preferred)
- Knowledge and proficiency in modern C++
- A strong background in computer graphics. Prior experience working with Gazebo or other simulation software or game engines is a plus.
- Effective coordination skills for complicated software development efforts across teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.