Internship: Real-time Robotics Software Engineer
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
We are seeking passionate software engineers to join our team as interns and work on the communication layer of our real-time robot controller. This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in real-time systems and contribute to the development of cutting-edge robotics technology.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Design and implement an open source EtherCAT driver for Intrinsic’s real-time robot controller
- Optimize the driver for real-time performance and low latency
- Integrate the driver with Intrinsic’s existing communication framework
- Test the driver on real robots and peripheral hardware
- Run benchmarks and compare against existing drivers
- Design and develop real-time monitoring tools for bus communication
- Capture and analyze EtherCAT frames to provide insights into the actual data being sent
- Develop metrics to evaluate the quality of bus communication, including frequency of errors, cycle time violations, jitter, etc.
Skills you will need to be successful
- Knowledge and proficiency in modern software development languages, like C++
- Familiarity with real-time systems and embedded software development
- Experience with industrial network protocols, such EtherCAT, PROFINET etc.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.