Internship: Perception Experience
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
Are you passionate about democratizing robotics and making cutting-edge technology accessible for all? Are you excited to use perception to make robotic applications more flexible and accessible? We are seeking highly motivated and talented interns to join our dynamic team and contribute to the advancement of robotics in an exciting internship opportunity.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Contribute towards the development of robotics software in the area of perception (including our platform Flowstate)
- Collaborate with a team of experienced professionals in modern software development practices
- Explore and implement solutions in software development, including coding in languages such as C++, Python, Typescript and Angular
- Participate in the creation of end-to-end perception user journeys, including testing the developed workflows on robotic hardware (workcells) and integrating it into Flowstate
- Develop tools and intuitive interfaces for perception functionalities, such as a joint calibration workflow.
Skills you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s student in Computer Science or related field required (Master's students preferred)
- Knowledge and proficiency in modern software development languages, like C++, Python, Typescript or Angular
- Experience or interest in developing tools and intuitive interfaces
- Ability and interest to test the developed algorithms on robotic hardware
- Familiarity with topics such as: frontend development, designing user interfaces, computer vision, calibration procedures.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems in full-stack software
- Effective coordination skills for complicated software development efforts across teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.