Robotic Hardware Systems Global Manager
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
As the Robotic Hardware Systems Global Manager, you will lead a global team of skilled engineers to design, build and maintain robotic cells in laboratory locations around the world. You will be responsible for enforcing safety and compliance to international standards in your design of robotics cells. You will also take care of the operation of the laboratories according to local regulations and adopt best practices to make Intrinsic a safe and healthy place to work. As a corollary, you will need to educate engineers across the company in safety best practices. Additionally, you will identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks so Intrinsic can maintain the ability to innovate while keeping Intrinsic’s employees safe.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Lead the Hardware team
- Design, prototype and iterate on robotic cells that span a variety of applications and hardware
- Inculcate a safety culture in the design, operation and maintenance of robotics cells
- Adherence and compliance with international safety standards
- Adopting best practices to make Intrinsic safe and resilient.
Skills you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s or higher in Mechanical, Electrical or related engineering disciplines
- 10 years of professional working experience
- 4 years experience leading a team
- Experience with designing robotic cells
- Experience with machinery/robotics functional safety and compliance concepts and standards such as ANSI/RIA R15.06, ISO 10218, ISO 12100, ISO13849, UL 508A, IEC 60204, NFPA 70
- Experience with Probabilistic Risk assessments
- Ability to evaluate hardware designs to identify potential hazards and evaluate the adequacy of planned controls and verifications
- Strong project management skills to manage schedules, budgets and resources
Skills that will differentiate your candidacy
- Professional certification in functional safety or compliance
- Robotics Controls experience
- Experience in building out and maintaining robotics labs
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.