Robotic Software Engineer
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
As a Software Engineer in the Customer Solutions Engineering team you will help design, build and program robotic automation systems powered by Intrinsic Flowstate. You will start early in the process of scoping a project with our customers and partners, show our technology and capabilities, determine the needs, write clear specifications, review designs, and build a successful solution.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Concept new robotic automation applications and scope the effort and cost to build
- Design, implement, test, and maintain high-quality software based on Intrinsic's platform.
- Document and communicate your work for internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of automation systems for internal development, such as proof of concepts.
Skills you will need to be successful
- Master’s or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field.
- Professional work experience with C++ and/or Python.
- Willingness to work in ambiguity, select a direction and drive towards a solution
- Demonstrable experience applying robotics and industrial automation hardware.
- Motivation to closely work with customers and cross functional teams, such as sales and TPM.
Skills that will differentiate your candidacy
- Experience with Kubernetes, gRPC, Protobuf, Bazel, microservice architectures, and/or real-time systems.
- Professional experience with delivering industrial robotics and automation solutions.
- Experience leading project teams to build robotic systems.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.