System Integration / Automation Engineer
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
As a System Integration Engineer within the Customer Solutions Engineering team, your role will be pivotal in crafting automation systems driven by Intrinsic Flowstate. From the initial stages of project scoping with our customers and partners, you will be at the forefront, identifying requirements, proposing automation layouts, drafting precise specifications, handpicking and procuring robot components and automation hardware, configuring and programming robot workcells, and ultimately delivering a seamless and effective solution.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Innovate new robotic automation applications, including cost and effort estimation
- Develop and bring to life creative robotic automation workcells, from hardware selection to programming (robot, PLC, HMI)
- Establish hardware selection and PLC software standards by applying knowledge of industrial control systems
- Identify and integrate cutting-edge technology products into automation workcells
- Optimize efficiency by continually assessing the choice between in-house development and collaboration with external system integrators
- Collaborate closely with sales, program management, and software developers to provide cost-effective, high-quality solutions aligned with customer requirements
- Thoroughly document and effectively communicate your work to both internal and external stakeholders
Skills you will need to be successful
- Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, or a related field
- Display a proactive approach to working in ambiguous situations, capable of making decisions and driving solutions
- Demonstrate a track record of applying PLC programming, robot programming, fieldbus communication, motion controllers, or HMI development in manufacturing facility deployments
- Proficient in debugging and wiring robotic industrial control systems
- Experienced in selecting components and designing electrical and pneumatic schematics for automation equipment, with the ability to assemble designed electrical panels
Skills that will differentiate your candidacy
- Exposure to numerous industries that use robotic automation
- Experience working with and managing vendors (from writing RFP or a SOW to managing their execution and taking part in system acceptance tests)
- Designed and implemented safety circuitry and safety logic for use in industrial automation
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.