Associate Corporate Counsel
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
We are looking to expand our growing legal team by bringing on an Associate Corporate Counsel based in Munich, reporting to Intrinsic’s General Counsel. As Corporate Counsel, you will join a rapidly growing company and legal team. The Associate Corporate Counsel role supports all Intrinsic teams and functions by advising on legal and regulatory matters in relation to Intrinsic’s platform, products, services and business initiatives. You will be working on a variety of projects and with teams across the company so a willingness to work outside your comfort zone and independently is a must. The role will be challenging and is expected to evolve over time as the legal team and broader business scales. If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where you are constantly expanding your skills and experience, get excited about giving pragmatic advice, and enjoy having a real impact across a broad range of stakeholders in a fast-growing software business, this role is for you. You should have legal generalist experience working with innovative companies and their executive team throughout the company lifecycle, including: commercial, product, and employment as well as experience with other areas of law, such as privacy, regulatory and intellectual property. You will support Intrinsic as a whole but, in particular, our teams in Europe while also being a part of a growing, in-house legal team based in California.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Build a trusted legal business partner relationship with Intrinsic’s teams in Europe and the U.S.; advise these internal clients on a variety of legal topics including, but not limited to, commercial, product, employment, corporate governance, regulatory, privacy and intellectual property;
- Provide strategic counsel and guidance to internal stakeholders on legal issues, business strategy and risks while ensuring close coordination with Intrinsic’s in-house legal team based in the US;
- Assess, identify and communicate material risks and mitigations to key stakeholders and proactively implement solutions;
- Identify preventable measures to avoid legal risks, conflicts and issues relevant to the region and business supported;
- Scale, optimize and simplify internal processes based on a deep understanding of Intrinsic’s business and regional needs, including for corporate approvals and company policies and procedures;
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements, involving Intrinsic’s head of commercial and managing external counsel as appropriate;
- Ensure compliance with German, U.S. and international laws and regulations, including privacy, and corporate governance.
Skills you will need to be successful
- Fluency in both English and German; admitted to practice law in Germany with a strong academic record.
- Minimum of five years of experience, including 1-2 years in-house experience at a comparable high growth company.
- Stellar academic credentials and references, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to effectively manage internal and external client and counsel relationships, work well under pressure with minimal supervision, and manage a diverse and complex workload proactively anticipating challenges and recommending solutions.
- High standard of ethics along with the ability to act with discretion, strict confidentiality, and sensitivity towards issues and individuals.
- Solution driven and practical, able to simplify processes and establish priorities under pressure.
Skills that will differentiate your candidacy
- Subject matter expertise in EU-specific regulatory matters and Artificial Intelligence
- Demonstrated experience advising senior business executives
- Experience with commercial contracting and product counseling, whether at a firm’s technology transactions department or as an in-house counsel
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.