Office Operations Manager
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
Intrinsic is looking for a goal-oriented Office Operations Manager to initiate and manage office programs, culture, and services to enhance the overall in-office employee experience and ensure a well-organized, engaging and inspiring workplace in our Munich office. Your primary focus will include but not be limited to: organizing and coordinating services with vendors, maintaining high vendor standards, assisting with event planning and management while adhering to the budget, optimizing processes, and scheduling interviews and supporting new hires getting acclimated.
The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable operating in an organization that is scaling quickly, interested in getting their hands dirty while juggling multiple priorities, all while staying organized. You are a problem solver, resourceful, creative and driven - excited to be at the heart of creating a unique employee experience. You use your knowledge of tools and processes to strategically support your team's projects. You possess the strong judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions - both internally and externally.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Develop and implement office programs and policies to improve effectiveness, efficiency and wellbeing of the team.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to enhance the workplace environment.
- Manage and coordinate office facilities, including reception experience, check-in systems, security, building communications, food & beverage, supplies & inventory, mail & couriers, janitorial & facilities services, as well as troubleshooting building issues and being the point of contact for the team.
- Partner with the General Manager Germany to plan and manage office expansion including working with construction, office design & build, furniture layout, coordination of move to bring spaces to life for a great employee experience.
- Partner with the People, Legal, and Finance teams to support recruiting, keeping track of legal processes and purchasing and vendor engagements within budget.
- Plan and manage office events, celebrations, project fairs, conferences and engagement initiatives for the German Intrinsic team.
Skills you will need to be successful
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 4 years of applicable experience overseeing office operations, facilities, supplier and vendor management, program management, event planning experience and office moves for a start-up or growing office
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills to confidently engage with diverse internal teams, external clients, and vendors, while also effectively communicating with senior leadership and executives
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills and fluency in German and English
Skills that will differentiate your candidacy
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Previous experience in stretching beyond your “core” role into new and ambiguous workstreams; ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Experience in supporting manager(s) in HR, legal, financial, purchasing and/or marketing/comms tasks
- Experience planning and executing large scale team events that shape company culture
- Exhibit a genuine passion for promoting work-life balance, fostering a supportive environment that encourages team members to maintain a healthy equilibrium between their personal and professional lives.
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.