Office Operations Manager
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
As an Office Operations Manager, you're at the heart of your team's operations and activities and the soul that keeps your team moving forward. We’re looking for a goal-oriented Office Operations Manager to support our Singapore office. This role will make a big impact on the employee experience by overseeing office programs and services, assisting with event planning, supporting scheduling, participating in the onboarding of new hires, and overseeing our Singapore facilities as well as the employee environment we create. Supporting the General Manager, this role will be essential in driving the team goals to create an inspiring and fun employee experience for Intrinsic.
The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable operating in an organization that is scaling quickly; someone who is looking to get their hands dirty while juggling multiple priorities, yet staying organized. You are a problem solver, resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to be at the heart of creating a unique employee experience. You use your knowledge of tools and processes to strategically support your team's projects. You possess the strong judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions - both internally and externally.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Build, scale, and oversee office programs, policies, and budgets to create efficient processes, ensure high vendor standards, and find innovative solutions to create a great overall employee experience.
- Manage office facilities, including reception experience, check-in systems, office communications, food & beverage, supplies & inventory, mail & couriers, facilities services as well as troubleshooting office issues and being the point of contact for the team
- Partner with the General Manager to plan and manage office expansion including working with construction, office design, furniture layout, coordination of move to bring spaces to life for a great employee experience
- Partner with Intrinsic’s People, Legal, and Finance teams to support recruiting, keeping track of legal processes and purchasing and vendor engagements within budget.
- Plan and manage office events, celebrations and engagement initiatives for the local team.
Skills you will need to be successful
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of applicable experience overseeing office operations, facilities, supplier and vendor management, budgeting and office moves for a start-up or growing office
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills to confidently engage with diverse internal teams, external clients, and vendors, while also effectively communicating with senior leadership and executives
- Proficient verbal and written communication and fluency in English
Skills that will differentiate your candidacy
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Experience planning and executing large scale office events that align to company's culture
- Previous experience in stretching beyond your “core” role into new and ambiguous workstreams; ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency.
- Experience in supporting manager(s) in HR, legal, financial, purchasing and/or marketing/comms tasks
- Experience planning and executing large scale team events that shape company culture
- Exhibit a genuine passion for promoting work-life balance, fostering a supportive environment that encourages team members to maintain a healthy equilibrium between their personal and professional lives.
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.