Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning for Robotics
Intrinsic is Alphabet’s bet aiming to reimagine the potential of industrial robotics. Our team believes that advances in AI, perception and simulation will redefine what’s possible for industrial robotics in the near future – with software and data at the core.
Our mission is to make industrial robotics intelligent, accessible, and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a dynamic team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer with a complementary background of practical and theoretical robotics domain knowledge, and machine learning, to join our applied research team. You will work closely with our team of engineers and researchers in control, perception, and machine learning. Our team's mission is to develop AI-enabled robotic skills for both internal usage and for external partners/customers, in this role you will be a key collaborator with leading robotics research partners across Alphabet and in universities. You will have the opportunity to work with new technologies, tackle meaningful problems in robot software/machine learning and hardware, and assist our partners in adopting these new technologies for their own purposes.
How your work moves the mission forward
- Develop and design new robot behaviors and skills for novel use cases, leveraging machine learning and reinforcement learning techniques.
- Evaluate the robustness and functionality of robot skills through simulation and actual robots, ensuring a high level of reliability.
- Create software interfaces to modern machine learning frameworks that are user-friendly for both ourselves and our partners.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research in robotics and machine learning and implement promising solutions for target problems.
Skills you will need to be successful
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Machine Learning, or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: robotics (e.g. kinematics, controls, and/or motion planning), machine learning, perception for robotics.
- Proficiency in programming with C++ and Python.
- Experience with deep learning tools like TensorFlow, Jax, etc.
- Demonstrable experience working with actual (physical) robots.
- Excellent communication skills.
Skills that will differentiate your candidacy
- Experience working with academic researchers.
- Experience working with large software systems.
- Experience working in larger teams.
- Experience/knowledge in multi-modal foundation models.
- At least 4 years of experience in one of the specialties listed above.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is between $156,800 - $240,120 + bonus + equity + benefits. Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range for your targeted location during the hiring process.
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.