Senior Delivery Manager
The position: Senior Delivery Manager
Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As a senior delivery manager within the Programme Delivery function, you will be responsible for leading and guiding cross functional teams in the development and delivery of digital products. The role is embedded into our product teams and the individual will play a pivotal role in driving the successful execution of digital products using Agile principles, fostering collaboration, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality digital products to our users.
Our delivery managers lead the delivery of digital products, connected device mobile apps, websites and back end platforms.
You will be working closely with product managers, software engineers, data scientists and digital designers, amongst many others, to shape and manage a broad backlog of activities. You will be working closely with internal teams, and external providers to ensure business requirements are understood and release plans are kept on track.
You will be trusted to lead, build and motivate delivery teams to ensure agreed objectives are met.
You play a significant role in the building of our delivery management craft at Elvie; you will help to bring in ways of working, cultivate change and inspire those around you to think more agile (and have some fun along the way).
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our Bristol or London office (2-3 days per week) & working remotely #LI-Hybrid
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Find creative solutions, together: get the right team members talking at the right time to help them get to where they need to be. Lead, coach and motivate cross-functional Agile teams, ensuring they are empowered to self-organise, collaborate, and make informed decisions to achieve sprint/ team goals
- Regularly communicate release plan status, progress and blockers to stakeholders and senior management. Manage expectations and keep all relevant parties informed throughout the project lifecycle
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to define scope, objectives, and requirements. Facilitate the creation of user stories, backlogs, and sprint/ release plans to ensure effective delivery
- Apply the most appropriate agile methodologies and techniques for the environment. Continually improve how we work and embrace best practice. Coach and develop the team in agile practice and learn from their successes and their failures with retrospectives
- Take a continuous approach to planning, forecasting, estimating, managing uncertainty, metrics and measurement, contingency planning and release plans
- Analyse and manage delivery risk: take a risk based approach and guide the whole team to focus on the high risk elements of the release to avoid impact to time, cost or quality. Develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans where needed.
- Act as the Scrum Master, facilitating daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives. Remove blockers and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Things don't always go to plan, but the quicker the problems are identified, the quicker they can be solved
- Monitor progress: know where the projects are at any moment. Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure team velocity, quality and delivery efficiency. Provide regular status reports and performance metrics to stakeholders
- Provide overviews, or nuanced and detailed analysis of project progress, to both technical and non-technical people to explain outcomes and facilitate decision making
- Guide the project team through the good times and the bad - help establish meaningful objectives and provide motivation when it's needed. Foster strong collaboration between different teams, departments, and external partners involved in the project to ensure seamless communication and alignment
- Mentor, coach and help to develop other Programme Delivery team members and anyone you work closely with in the projects
What we are looking for:
- A good number of years (c. 6+) in a commercial business managing fast moving digital product development and delivery, operating as a Scrum Master or Agile Project Manager
- Proven experience using a range of agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban or other agile frameworks and you can demonstrate how you have introduced agile practices into an organisation
- You’ve been embedded into App/ Web / Digital platform teams and you’ve loved it
- Experience or deep interest in AI, Machine Learning and data models would be beneficial
- Understanding of connected device and mobile app architecture data infrastructure and APIs would be useful too
- A passion of high-quality delivery, with excellent problem solving skills and you take the lead on finding or facilitating solutions
- You’re a tool expert and can easily pick up new tools and apply them to your projects. You have excellent knowledge of, and capability with, Jira
- Analytical mindset with the ability to gather and interpret agile data to drive decision making and continuous improvement
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills, with the ability to motivate high performing agile teams
- You’re a natural leader, with a passion for upholding morale and team performance
- Experience of leading cross functional teams and understand the benefit of truly coordinated activities
- Experience leading all the stakeholders on a project from the in-house teams - software engineering, product managers, data science, digital designers, finance, sales, marketing to external agencies and senior management
- Top class communication skills, both technical and non-technical, across all modern flexi-working mediums (in person, instant messaging, emails, video-chats, phone calls) with the ability to select which medium’s best and craft your communication to perfection without much effort
The benefits you’ll get:
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- 9 Day Fortnight - for our full time employees we work 9 days every Fortnight with every other Friday as a non-working day for you to spend as you wish!
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity & adoption (16 weeks at full pay, then 8 weeks paid at 75% followed by 15 weeks at SMP rate.), paternity/partner (6 weeks at full pay to take at any point during the first year of your child’s life), shared parental leave
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 45 minute video call with Heads of Programme Delivery + another product management or programme leader
- 60 minute video interview with the team
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of our senior leadership team
This is undoubtedly a great time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humour helps too. 😉
We can’t wait to hear from you!