Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Elo Health is on the lookout for a skilled and experienced Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our product development team in Finland. If you're up for the challenge, you'll be crafting user interfaces and building out serverless backend tech for the Elo Health platform.
- Have full-stack responsibility for Elo Health's various web applications
- Monitor application health and trace and fix errors when needed
- Execute testing and deployment processes in AWS
- Develop new product features with cross-functional teams
- 4+ years of Full-stack development experience
- Strong development experience in TypeScript and React
- Experience with deploying applications in AWS
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science-related field
Bonus experiences and skills
- Worked with GraphQL APIs
- Experience with browser and end-to-end testing
- Competence in reviewing other developer's pull requests
- Experience in event-driven, serverless architecture
- Practical information security experience
- Familiarity with the following AWS Services: CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CodePipeline, DynamoDB, Open Search, AppSync, Lambda, EventBridge, and StepFunctions
- Comfortable in a multinational environment
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to solve complex problems together with the team in a remote setting
- Comfortable with fast-paced development cycles
- We’re working on one of the largest problems of our time and have a deep passion for helping millions of people live healthier lives.
- We are virtual-first, and we meet weekly online in company-wide meetings. And as part of our team in Finland, you'll have regular working sessions in person in Helsinki and will have the opportunity to travel and work with the rest of the team.
- We are committed to helping you unleash your full potential and build your dream career. We are infinitely proud of team members from our previous companies who have become great leaders and even founders of their own companies.
- Many of us have families, so we both work hard and prioritize work/life balance.
WHO WE ARE
Elo is on a mission to transform food from the leading cause of disease to medicine by pioneering a new category of Smart Nutrition products that are personalized, precise, and proactive to your unique goals and evolving needs.
Leveraging easy and convenient at-home blood testing, activity metrics from wearables, and one-on-one dietitian support, Elo A.I. analyzes your biomarkers and health data to create vitamins and supplements with exactly the right nutrients and doses for you, and delivers them to your door each month.
Founded in 2020 by veteran health and technology executives Ari Tulla (Nokia, BetterDoctor), Tapio Tolvanen (Nokia, BetterDoctor), and Miklu Silvanto (Apple, Airbnb, B&O), we're backed by over 100 founders, operators, and health tech insiders from Whoop, Oura Ring, Outside, and more, as well as NHL, NFL, and Olympic athletes.
Elo operates as a virtual company selling Smart Nutrition products in the US. Our core engineering hub is located in Europe.
HOW WE HIRE
We want to get to know you, hear about your interests, and understand your future goals. We don’t ask gotcha-style questions or conduct cognitive tests. Our interview process is simple:
- Introductory Call: First, you’ll have a 30-minute Zoom call with Jussi, our Engineering Lead. The goal of the conversation is to get to know each other and explore whether this role could be a good mutual fit. You’ll learn about Elo, the team and have a chance to ask questions. If we’re both excited to continue, we’ll schedule a second call.
- Take-Home Assignment: Next, you’ll have a take-home assignment to test your skills in engineering aligned with our requirements. Be prepared to talk about your solution in the next round!
- Skills Conversations: Third, you’ll have two sessions with our Engineering Team members. The goal of these conversations is to understand your experience, your preferred work style and dive deeper into the role requirements.
- Chat with our Founders + reference check: Finally, you will have chat with our Founders, Tapio and Ari. If we think you’re the right candidate, we’ll talk to at least two people you’ve worked with before to understand your work style and ensure this mutual fit for everyone.