Cryptocurrency Intelligence Analyst
As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more widely adopted every day, our products are essential to ensure cryptocurrency is safe and accessible to all. Our solutions help to prevent financial crime and allow cryptocurrencies to be used for good. Our products are used by some of the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions, and government agencies to screen over $1 billion of transactions every single week.
The company has offices in London, UK, New York City, Singapore, and Tokyo. We are backed by Evolution Equity Partners, SoftBank, SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
To achieve our mission, we depend on our incredible team of Elliptites. Our values are reflected in everything we do and every decision we make, both internally and outwardly to our customers. We actively encourage Elliptites to challenge the status quo and allow the freedom to innovate and learn every day. We encourage new ideas and learning, whether that’s through collaboration, our curiosity sessions, or utilising your professional development budget - personal growth is important to us all.
Do you want to be part of the future of finance? Are you excited about solving complex problems that have never been solved before? Do you love enabling teams to deliver more efficiently and scalably?
The impact you will have:
Sitting within our Crypto Intelligence Team, you will help build our best-in-class dataset that is collected across the open and dark web. Your contributions will form our ground truth dataset, the most fundamental building block that defines our understanding of low-risk and high-risk crypto wallets - helping hundreds of our customers, every day.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the sourcing and collection of data that allows us to identify the owners of crypto wallets
- Help us monitor and improve our metrics, keeping the accuracy and coverage of our data the best in the industry
- Manage outsourced resources, including contractors, to enable scalable data collection
- Work closely with the Research team, who will guide your data collection, and the Data Science team, to ensure complete coverage of actors’ wallets
- Help improve the efficiency of the collection system, by working closely with the Engineers in the team
- Help the sales and customer success teams by answering data-related questions
You will be a great fit here if you:
- Are result-oriented, can prioritise work and focus on what you think will bring the most value
- Take pride in the results of your work
- Are naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others
Our ideal candidate has:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge or experience within the cryptocurrency/blockchain sector
- A demonstrable interest in cybercrime trends
- Experience working within a fast-paced data or research-led environment
Let’s get to the good stuff: besides being part of an incredible team, what does joining Elliptic mean for you?
- You’ll be paid a competitive salary, along with Share Options
- As well as a work pension scheme, enhanced parental leave, and 25 days holiday, you’ll also get a day off to celebrate your birthday - have a drink for us!
- We take your physical and mental health seriously - that’s why we provide private healthcare (we use Vitality) and access to Spill Mental Health Support, as well as a £500 work-from-home budget to make that home office extra comfy
- You’ll be working with top-of-the-range equipment, with access to our snazzy office (with unlimited snacks, and lunch on us every other Wednesday), plus quarterly off-sites.
- Your personal development is important to us, so you’ll have a $1000 annual budget to use, not just on professional qualifications, but on anything that pushes you towards your goals. You’ll also have access to a LinkedIn Learning subscription
We know Diversity and Inclusion is much deeper than just hiring, but it’s important for us to mention it here. We welcome and embrace individuals of all backgrounds and identities at Elliptic, and this is an ongoing priority for us. We know incredible people don’t all think in the same way. We want to be challenged every day. We believe our diverse team of individuals underpins this by bringing creative thinking and innovation to Elliptic every day. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace, so we welcome applications from everyone, even if you may not think you fit all of the requirements of our roles. We foster an environment of psychological safety, where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole self to work.
Something looks off?