Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager at Edgify
About Edgify and the position
Edgify is a deep tech company with current applications in the Grocery Retail market. Following a significant funding round and market traction, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Commercial team in the UK.
Edgify is looking for a motivated, talented, dynamic and creative team member. The BDM at Edgify will be accountable and responsible to develop, execute and manage the sales cycle of our retail clients, from early lead to live pilots. You will work closely with our sales engineering team to provide prospects with a smooth and efficient process from initial discussion, integration, and first deployments all the way to live store pilots and commercial terms discussion.
This is not a siloed position. We are striving for a collaborative and energetic individual that will contribute to the marketing efforts of the business, work in a dynamic environment and deliver messaging and product feedback back into the marketing and product teams and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
Working on our key products, you will have the opportunity to make your mark on one of the most talked about technologies of today’s age and bring the promise of AI systems to the Grocery Retail world and beyond.
Being the first Business Development team member, Edgify offers high growth potential, candidates have the opportunity for an accelerated career progression by becoming key early members of the Edgify team.
This position requires consultative sales skills. You will be expected to educate and inform our clients on all products of the business relevant for the retail industry and in general.
The desired outcome of the role will be a continuous flow of prospective clients ready for rollout and contract signing. The BDM will be measured on successful progress of prospects through the pipeline with high conversion rates through the different sale cycle stages.
- Own all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Assists in the development of the sales plan. Prepare forecasts and KPI reporting for the CEO and senior management, for use in organisational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
- Evangelise the product and personally help close deals.
- Work collaboratively across teams - including Customer Success, Product, Engineering and Marketing.
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers.
- Own the prospect throughout their journey from early lead to live pilot.
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotes to ensure revenue objectives.
- Help design and manage complete sales processes.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition.
- Create long lasting, trustworthy relationships with potential prospects.
- Market Research, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities
- Visit key accounts throughout the world as they test and deploy our solution to ensure satisfaction.
Qualification and skills
- 3-5 years experience in business development and/or Innovation within the grocery retail sector or tech sector selling into retail.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale, Self Checkouts, and Self-Service Scales preferable.
- Experience using Pipedrive or comparable CRM strongly desired
- Experience in outbound sales would be a strong plus.
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient.
- Proven ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process
- 100% reliable and detail-oriented. A drive to execute flawlessly
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Must understand the early-stage business ecosystem. Which includes broad responsibilities, crazy busy, dynamic environment, lots of changes and lots of fun.
- Ability to travel 30% of the year - a must!