Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
CRED is a fast-growing startup helping individuals and companies to reach their full potential. We use data and intelligence to power footballers, football clubs, brands and other individuals and organisations within the sports space, enabling them to accelerate their financial, commercial and sporting development.
The Engineering team at CRED is looking for a talented Backend Engineer to create fast, scalable server infrastructures with a focus on the best possible user experiences. You will work closely with a talented team of designers, engineers, and product managers who design, implement and ship mission-critical features.
You have prior experience developing high quality backend architecture and are excited about doing that at a company that has a tech-focused, mobile-first mindset. You want to have productive technical discussions with a bias towards analytics and user feedback and contribute to the continuous improvement of our web and mobile experiences.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the latest technologies and can lead the design and development of scalable applications. A successful candidate will bring deep analytical ability, software engineering expertise, and the ability to deliver results within a fast-moving, agile environment.
- Brainstorm with product managers and designers to conceptualize new features
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to build new features
- Learn about new technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- Help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- Mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- Bachelor degree in STEM field, especially software engineering, computer science, machine learning, or statistics related
- Experience with at least two programming languages including Node
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres and Mongo
- Experience with unit and integration testing, continuous integration and deployment workflows
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as GCP and Heroku
- Experience with developing GraphQL APIs and integrating third-party APIs
- Graduate degree in STEM field, especially software engineering, computer science, machine learning, or statistics related
- Experience in blockchain, statistics and/or machine learning
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience with a distributed team / remote work
- Passion for sports especially soccer / football
CRED is a fast-growing startup working on an important mission to help individuals and companies achieve their full potential. CRED has an innovative working culture and teams spanned across the world with team members in London, Europe, India, Toronto, New York, and many more places.
We believe the best experiences come from a customer-centric approach. We believe in flexibility and allow remote work.
Our work ethic relies on six core values: Transparency, Directness, Learning, Collaboration, Responsibility, and Continuous Learning.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal-opportunity employer and a fun place to work.