Senior Vehicle Technician
- Salary: Up to £32,500 per annum based on experience
- Location: Cazoo Customer Centre Northampton, Bedford Road, Northampton NN1 5NS
- Hours: 42 Hours p/week - 5 days out of 7 MON - SUN *ROTA
In just four years, we’ve transformed the car buying experience in the UK. Now we’re seeking the best talent to push us onwards and upwards.
Right now, we are looking for people who want to maximise their impact – for their careers, colleagues, customers, and the communities they work within. People who want to learn with the best, take the initiative and love the challenge of working in a constantly evolving organisation. Driven to make a positive impact on others and want to be part of building a strong community at work. Who will value our unique fusion of industries and will collaborate, support and value others for the differences they bring.
About this role and the impact you will have:
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Service Specialist to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
The Senior Service Specialist will be responsible for carrying out servicing and general repairs, stripping, fitting and replacing components on vehicles, as well as guiding junior technicians to advise them of best practices and increase their overall technician knowledge. You would also be responsible for identifying faulty components and ensuring underlying problems are resolved, ensuring all consumables and parts ordered are logged against job cards and carrying out Vehicle Health Checks and basic diagnostics.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practices to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
What you will be doing:
- Carrying out servicing and general repairs, stripping, fitting and replacing components on vehicles.
- Identifying faulty components and ensuring underlying problems are resolved.
- Ensuring all consumables and parts ordered are logged against job cards.
- Carrying out Vehicle Health Checks and basic diagnostics.
- Mentoring junior technicians to advise on best practices and help increase their knowledge
We’re looking for some with:
- Previous: Mechanic, Service Technician, Vehicle Technician, or MOT Testing experience.
- Garage management systems including VHC & Inspection Programmes.
- Qualified to at least NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 (or equivalent).
- MOT experience (desirable)
- Significant vehicle diagnosis and repair experience.
- Full UK Driving Licence