Vehicle Inspector / Assessor
- Location: Bedford T1. Cazoo Wholesale, Coombeland Park, Thurleigh Road, Bedford MK44 1ZY
- Salary: Competitive Basic Salary (plus excellent company benefits)
We're looking for a talented vehicle Inspector to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
The responsibility of the vehicle Inspector is to produce vehicle condition reports and operate the photo booth. The ability to work collaboratively, efficiently and with a close eye for detail are all essential within a vehicle refurbishment and inspection environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilising the Cazoo reporting suite, focussing on Inspection and refurbishment cycle time, refurbishment quality, re-work and cost per unit.
- Adhering to health and safety guidelines at all times and reporting issues to the Shift Manager immediately.
- Inspecting all stock vehicles entering the preparation department in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the Bodyshop Controller and SMART Department Supervisor.
- Monitoring all vehicles on premises for any damages caused after arrival.
- Identifying all areas of concern including: scratches, dents and poor previous repairs.
- Allocating rectification to correct department i.e. Bodyshop or SMART Repair.
- Operating the photo booth to take 360 images using the turntable and handheld images.
- Assisting the yard team where required.
- Bringing major issues to the attention of Management immediately.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Achieving the KPI’s attributed to this role.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous vehicle inspection experience, ideally within a high volume environment
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Great problem solving and solution focused approach with a “can do” attitude.
- Familiar with working with technology, e.g. tablets, smart phones
- Ability to work fast and efficiently.
- Team player.
Why join us:
- A friendly and fast paced working environment
- Opportunities to work on a large range of vehicle manufacturers and models to help broaden your skill set
- Excellent shift pattern
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full training and continued support
- 23.5 days annual leave, plus an extra day for your Birthday
- Wellness fund - you are allowed to claim £100 per year for wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare provision
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Pension (5% matched)