Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to work across a couple of customer-facing teams and support the BizOps domain when necessary.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 to transform the way people buy used cars.
We believe everyone deserves to feel total confidence when buying a car. That’s why we’re building a service which is simple, transparent and doesn’t end when you buy the car. Our vision is to deliver the UK’s best car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today.
How we design at Cazoo
Design at Cazoo works closely with Product and Engineering to create an amazing customer experience. Each of us is obsessed with quality, impact, and driving fast to get the right results. We're big on moving intentionally, responding to our customers, and innovating to meet needs they have when it comes to buying a new car.
We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviours, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. At Cazoo, design is part of balanced teams, and you'll work directly in a product squad. You will be supported by a broader organisation that's obsessed with quality and making it right.
- You are a pragmatic and hands-on professional. You know what good looks like, and you embrace the idea of shipping early, shipping often.
- You are commercially-minded, able to understand business stakeholders’ perspective and to prioritise what can drive better outcomes for customers and the business.
- You understand users deeply and can help your teams remain user-centric in everything they do
- You're focused on the big picture objectives, and want to help the team succeed across multiple objectives more than winning an argument.
- You can roll with the punches and pivot when we learn new things about the problem we're working on.
- Have experience pitching new strategic opportunities as well as working on product optimization.
- You're a frequent learner, and you look for feedback on your designs, from stakeholders and customers.
- You use data to inform how your designs change over time. You can source data by yourself using tools such as Looker, Google Analytics, Hotjar.
- You keep current with your practice (hello Figma pro!) and are proactive about learning the latest tools.
- You have experience owning the entire design process across any stage of the product development lifecycle. From idea to implementation and everything that entails - from research to user testing. You can run research independently and have experience with moderated research.
- You can rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You have experience in being embedded in product teams and have worked in cross-functional teams.
- You have experience designing trust-enabling customer-facing experiences as well as improving internal workflows and tooling that enable efficiency.
Nice to have
- Service design experience beyond user interfaces. You have worked on internal tooling and processes initiatives where the outcome was not a new or improved UI.
- Experience in owning UX initiatives across multiple teams. Being able to prioritise and set realistic expectations.
What’s there for you
- The UX team is small but mighty. That means the breadth of your work will be quite wide and we will rely on your experience to find new opportunities and drive key incremental changes to the current experience. You will play a key role both at strategic and tactical level.
- You will join a company that is disrupting the market and you will support it achieving its full potential.
- Making work work for you. We are strong believers in flexibility.
- The perks of working for Cazoo go from enhanced parental leave, private healthcare and life assurance, pension contribution, learning and development budget, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to Work, and more.
We value people who are:
- Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
- Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there's data, use data.
- Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
- Team Players. We encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
- Responsible owners - having and taking ownership inspires us to be the best we can be for ourselves, our teams, our customers and our business.
Our office is located a stone’s throw from Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a ways of working interview where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat or catching you out.
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and people with disabilities to apply. Cazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).