Senior Product Manager
As a Senior Product Manager, you will own a product suite and be responsible for leading the full life cycle of them, owning the vision, strategy, and roadmaps. You’ll take your product from ideation and discovery through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations. Working closely with UX and engineering, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for customers of your products. You will partner with UX to find new opportunities and learn from customers to determine the right solution before working alongside engineering to build these things in the right way. You are one team!
At Cazoo, we believe in autonomous empowered Product Teams. While there will be plenty of strong opinions across our business about what the right thing to build is, you and your team are responsible for rapidly evaluating these ideas using experimentation and data to determine what is the right thing to build for our customers and business. You will build strong relationships with stakeholders who will work as partners with your team. You will hold each other accountable when it comes to focusing on the right problems and delivering the right solutions that will have a positive impact on our customers and business.
Don’t expect to be dictated to or told what to build!
About Consumer Finance
The mission of the Consumer Finance team is to make financing a car no different from financing any other product online. Car financing is a complicated, unclear, and convoluted process for customers today. The goal of this team is to remove all of those barriers and create a seamless experience completely online for Cazoo customers in the UK. Their main focus for this team for 2023 is to expand our finance journey to be tailored to customer needs while contributing to record-setting GPU quarter on quarter. The focus of this area is on the customer experience - we pride ourselves on creating a fantastic customer experience through the checkout process and beyond. We are looking for someone who wants to build an amazing consumer finance journey, championing user experience while equally understanding business and commercial needs.
- Work with your customers, team, and stakeholders to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth.
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority.
- Formulate the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product area, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities and roadmap across the entire product portfolio.
- Lead stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes.
- Lead product discovery, collaborating with UX, User Research, Engineering, and key business SMEs.
- Utilize rapid experimentation via a toolbox of techniques (e.g., user testing, concierge tests, prototypes, fake doors, wizard-of-oz, demand tests, A/B or MVT, etc.) to determine what the right thing to build is for your customers – supported by data and evidence – as quickly and economically as possible.
- Work with the business, technical, and product teams to understand the needs of your customers.
- Champion solutions that work for our customers and the business.
- Define use cases and user journeys
- Work in close partnership with your team’s Engineering and Design leads.
- Lead the product design and builds to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Prioritise and set the team direction, creating a sense of urgency and momentum.
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Manage features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date.
- Break down your deliverables into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery, releasing value early and often.
- Work closely with the Engineering lead and team to plan sprints, releases and coordinate across dependent products.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to launch features (both externally and internally).
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature/product.
- Lead the decision on persist, iterate, or drop.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager...
- with experience in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else!).
- with dual-track (discovery/delivery) knowledge and ideally experience; at Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan.
- who has worked with development teams to deliver amazing products with clearly measurable customer and business benefits.
- who has great stakeholder management and facilitation skills.
- who has an excellent sense of empathy for end-users.
- who is comfortable with embracing ambiguity.
- who has the ability to compromise in the right way.
- who has a passion for product design.
- who has a passion for bettering the product management practice.
- who has a demonstrable ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain.
- who loves collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to swift decisions.