Training & Development Specialist - Mechanical
As the Mechanical Training and Development Specialist, your mission is to create and provide top-notch mechanical training for our team members. You'll be a part of a dynamic crew focused on elevating our performance in a fast-paced, high-demand environment. This role calls for your prior mechanical expertise, as you'll be the bridge to ensure that knowledge flows smoothly among our mechanical teams, promoting consistency and excellence.
Role - Monday - Friday shift Pattern 5/2 - open on location - to be based from one of our sites across the UK
About this role and the impact you will have:
- Deliver training across Cazoo to support technical and mechanical knowledge and skills.
- Carry out skills audits on the mechanical teams in Cazoo to ensure standards and processes are being maintained.
- Support consistency across Cazoo and ensure that our technicians are fully trained and aware of equipment capabilities, processes and standards.
- Align with key stakeholders to ensure clear and consistent messaging for our People.
- Support all Apprentices and Trainees with their programmes, acting as either a mentor or coach where required.
- Support the TA team with skills testing for new positions.
- Assisting the team in creating, writing, and presenting content that is appropriate for diverse audiences and various settings.
- Provide feedback to program participants and management.
- Ensure all training is completed in a compliant Health & Safety manner and ISO.
- Travel to sites across the UK regularly with overnight stays where needed.
- Work on the implementation of new equipment in all sites.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience within an automotive mechanical role, in a fast paced environment and level 3 or above qualified with time served.
- Facilitate and drive key training projects to completion.
- Keep the business updated with current and future legislation.
- Ability to deliver training to either groups or one to one with proven experience.
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency & skill gaps.
- Organise/develop training initiatives to meet specific training needs.
- Facilitate and drive key mechanical projects to completion.
- Work with all the sites to support innovation in product changes.
- Develop training aids such as slides, manuals and handbooks via Google Drive.
- Ability to support with and design material for non-technical staff that increases their knowledge, impacting on an improved customer experience.
- Map out skills frameworks for individual employees.
- Filming and editing skills for the creation of training films is an advantage.
- Ability to work at pace and be reactive and flexible to changing business needs
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer up to 5% salary matched pension schemes, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.