Vehicle Technician / Mechanic / MOT Tester
We’re looking for an exceptional MOT Tester to join our team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
The MOT Tester will be responsible for carrying out class 4 MOT testing to VOSA standards, as well as carrying out servicing and general repairs, stripping, fitting and replacing vehicle components, and identifying faulty components and ensuring underlying problems are resolved.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practices to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
* 554 Shift Pattern: Working on a 5 on, 5 off, 4 on, 5 off, 5 on, 4 off etc basis (15 days per month). This pattern will allow two weekends off a month. Working days are 12 hours, which includes x2 tea breaks and x1 lunch break **
What you’ll be doing:
- Carrying out servicing and general repairs, stripping, fitting and replacing vehicle components.
- Identifying faulty components and ensuring underlying problems are resolved.
- Ensuring all consumables and parts ordered are logged against job cards.
- Carrying out Vehicle Health Checks and basic diagnostics.
- Carrying out class 4 MOT testing to VOSA standards.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous: Mechanic, Service Technician, Vehicle Technician, or MOT Testing experience.
- Garage management systems including VHC & Inspection Programmes.
- Qualified to at least NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 (or equivalent).
- Significant vehicle diagnosis and repair experience.
- A current MOT licence is essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Why join us:
- A friendly and fast paced working environment
- Opportunities to work on a large range of vehicle manufacturers and models to help broaden your skill set
- Excellent shift pattern
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full training and continued support
- 23.5 days annual leave, plus an extra day for your Birthday
- Wellness fund - you are allowed to claim £100 per year for wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare provision
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Pension (5% matched)
Something looks off?