Director of Clinical Business Development (multiple positions)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Biofidelity is a revolutionary genomic technology company dedicated to unleashing the potential of genomics to transform human health and the world we live in. Our adaptive platform technology removes the noise from genomic data, providing only the information needed to make decision making less complex, faster, and more accurate.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of humanity, openness and high expectations. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can make genomics globally accessible. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary and opportunities for career development, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), stock options, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability income protection, 20 days per year PTO allowance and 2 floating holidays in addition to Company observed holidays.
Preferred locations: Texas, Florida, Mid-Atlantic
Biofidelity is looking for a dynamic, efficient and results-oriented Director of Clinical Business Development to establish and nurture business relationships with pathology labs, oncologists and large community oncology practices. This is a critical role within Biofidelity and will have high visibility within the company. The role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
● Lead the Business Development process in the area of CLIA testing for Biofidelity’s oncology business in a defined area
● Lead the effort of working with independent pathology labs, academic cancer centers and large community based oncology practices in the US to adopt the ASPYRE technology in their clinical practices
● Lead proposal development, term sheet generation, and negotiations with independent pathology labs, academic cancer centers and large community oncology practices as required
● Drive sales of Biofidelity’s CLIA services business; secure and retain business through professional, consultative, and proactive sales activities directed at key decision makers
● Ensure customer and staff are trained on the process of submitting specimens to the Biofidelity CLIA lab and work with the pathology lab to acquire tissue sample as needed
● Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target independent pathology lab and community oncology account; develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization
● Maintain high visibility within the customer organization; monitor customer satisfaction by regular communication with the customer
● Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents
● Establish and achieve company approved revenue goals
● Work closely with the Customer service team to ensure customer satisfaction metrics are achieved
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
● Track record of success selling to independent pathology labs, academic cancer centers and large oncology practices and meeting revenue targets (essential)
● Experience working with independent pathology labs, academic cancer centers and large oncology networks and driving adoption of new technologies (essential)
● Strong Oncology and lung cancer background (essential)
● Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
● Adapt and be flexible to changing priorities
● Effective negotiation skills
● Willingness to travel as required
● Passionate about oncology, genomics, and personalized medicine
● Proficiency in Microsoft applications, developing presentations and financial models
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, life sciences or equivalent required, MBA or related advanced degree desired
● Proven in-depth sales or business development experience in the oncology diagnostic space (essential)
The expected, full-time, annual base salary range for this position is $150,000-$200,000 plus commissions. The actual base salary will vary based on factors including qualifications, experience and location. At Biofidelity, we take a market-based approach to compensation to ensure we are objective, equitable and competitive.