Associate Director/Director of Software and IT
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Biofidelity is a revolutionary genomic technology company dedicated to unleashing the potential of genomics to transform human health and the world we live in. Our adaptive platform technology removes the noise from genomic data, providing only the information needed to make decision making less complex, faster, and more accurate.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of humanity, openness and high expectations. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can make genomics globally accessible. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary and opportunities for career development, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including private medical & dental care, bonus, share option scheme, pension, income protection and life insurance, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, 26 days per year holiday allowance and free physical training sessions.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Director of Software and IT to lead our organization's technology strategy and operations, and help drive the continued development and maintenance of all Biofidelity Software and IT systems. The Director of Software and IT will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will assume overall responsibility for software, IT systems, and IT hardware.
As the Director of Software and IT at Biofidelity, you will lead the development of our software solutions, strategic IT initiatives, manage infrastructure, and ensure system security and efficiency. Your role will involve developing the product roadmap and executing the technical strategy for Biofidelity’s software platform, whilst simultaneously aligning internal IT systems and structures with business goals, optimizing operations, and fostering innovation within the team. You will also oversee regulatory compliance, including critical security standards like HIPAA, supporting Biofidelity's mission to advance molecular diagnostics and enhance patient care.
● Lead technical strategy, develop and execute the technical strategy for Biofidelity’s web based software tools.
● Oversee the project management of software development, manage project timelines and ensure timely delivery of high-quality software.
● Overseeing strategic direction, management, and implementation of in-house IT systems and equipment
● Working closely with the QA team, ensure the development of software under ISO 13485: 2016,
● Be comfortable conducting code review and at critical times take on hands-on development to ensure timelines are delivered.
● Ensuring Biofidelity’s systems, including in-house software, and data are secure
● Maintain HIPAA compliance as Biofidelity’s HIPAA Security Officer
● Line manager responsibility for IT, DevOps, and software development
● Supervision of Biofidelity’s managed service provider
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Experience leading complex software projects.
● Experience implementing SDLC best practices for complex software projects and working in a regulated environment (ISO-compliant, PCI-DSS).
● Deep understanding of enterprise technology including traditional server and workstation environments, cloud services (AWS), and SaaS applications.
● Prior experience of security and data management (familiarity with HIPAA).
● Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally and collaboratively across different teams and managing multiple workstreams.
● Experience in writing and maintaining technical documentation.
● Strong execution skills, technical depth, hands-on style, and strategic decision-making ability.
● Excellent communication and influencing skills, including with colleagues working remotely, external partners, and non-technical colleagues
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
● A bachelor’s degree in programming, computer science, computer engineering, or another related field with advanced course experience in mathematics, computer programming, and software development
● Experience managing employees within a software and/or IT environment
● Previous experience of working under ISO 13485 (desired)
Experience working with Python and AWS systems