Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
Biofidelity is a revolutionary genomic technology company dedicated to unleashing the potential of genomics to transform human health and the world we live in. Our adaptive platform technology removes the noise from genomic data, providing only the information needed to make decision making less complex, faster, and more accurate.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of humanity, openness and high expectations. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can make genomics globally accessible. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary and opportunities for career development, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), bonus, stock options, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability income protection, 20 days per year PTO allowance and 2 floating holidays in addition to Company observed holidays.
Biofidelity is looking for an experienced IT Analyst to manage and develop our IT infrastructure in line with security best practices. In this role you will work closely with the UK-based computational team, our IT provider and lab colleagues in Morrisville, NC.
● Network infrastructure management
● Managing MacOS, Windows & Linux devices
● Implementing user management & access and security controls
● Implementing modern data and networking security practices
● Ensuring IT systems are compliant with security policies and regulations
● Maintaining high level system documentation
● Making purchasing decisions on hardware
● Licensing management
● Cost estimation and planning
● Developing disaster recovery plans
● Leading risk analyses
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Knowledge of modern data and networking security practices, especially in the context of regulated environments (Essential)
● Experience managing IT in an enterprise setting, preferably a regulated environment (Essential)
● Confident leading own work and collaborating with remote colleagues (Essential)
● Ability to understand the needs and workflows of users and to develop secure IT solutions in response to those needs (Essential)
● Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate professionally with people both inside & outside the organization, which may include vendors, business partners, technical and non-technical colleagues (Essential)
● Experience evaluating software and hardware solutions (Essential)
● Knowledge of Google Workspace configuration and management (Desirable)
● Knowledge of ISOs relating to information security and HIPAA regulations (Desirable)
● Knowledge of formal risk analysis methods in IT security and data management (Desirable)
● Scripting/task automation (Desirable)
● AWS and cloud security (Desirable)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
● 5 years of minimum relevant experience