QC Laboratory Technician
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Biofidelity is a revolutionary genomic technology company dedicated to unleashing the potential of genomics to transform human health and the world we live in. Our adaptive platform technology removes the noise from genomic data, providing only the information needed to make decision making less complex, faster, and more accurate.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of humanity, openness and high expectations. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can make genomics globally accessible. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary and opportunities for career development, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including private medical & dental care, bonus, share option scheme, pension, income protection and life insurance, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, 26 days per year holiday allowance and free physical training sessions.
Biofidelity is looking for a QC Laboratory Technician to provide support and work alongside our scientific development team to ensure efficient, smooth operations. The QC Laboratory Technician will be responsible for the preparation and QC of the reagents and will report to the Director of Technology Development.
● Performing routine laboratory functions to support scientific experiments and investigations
● Helping Lab Manager setting up, testing, adjusting, calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment
● Helping Lab Manager with stock and waste management
● Preparing reagents based on written work instructions according to Quality standards
● Quality control of raw material and reagents using provided QC method
● Writing Quality documentation (WI, NCRs, CAPA, DHR)
● Processing whole blood samples from healthy donors and patient samples
● Performing DNA/RNA extractions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Strong teamwork ethic and the commitment to successfully deliver to tight deadlines
● High accuracy and attention to the detail is a must for both laboratory and office-based work
● Clear communicator, with a ‘can do’ attitude
● Experience in PCR and qPCR analysis is advantageous
● Experience with QMS (Quality Management System) is advantageous
● Experience of working within an ISO13485 environment is advantageous
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
● A Bachelor's or advanced degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology or a similar subject is required, with a minimum of one-year laboratory experience
See more open positions at Biofidelity
Something looks off?