Group Product Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
At Big Health, our mission is to help millions back to good mental health by providing fully digital, non-drug options for the most common mental health conditions. Our digital therapeutics — Sleepio for insomnia, Daylight for anxiety, and SparkRx for depression — provide treatment anytime, anywhere.
In pursuit of our mission, we’ve pioneered the first at-scale digital therapeutic business model, in partnership with some of the most prominent global healthcare organizations, including CVS Health and the UK’s NHS. Through product innovation, robust clinical evaluation, and a commitment to equity at scale, we are designing the next generation of medicine and the future of mental health care.
Over the next 5-10 years, digital therapeutics (DTx) will transform the delivery of health care worldwide, providing access to safe and effective evidence-based treatments to billions. Big Health is in a prime position to take the lead in this transformation.
Big Health is a remote-first company, and this role can be based anywhere in the US. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the job requirements.
Big Health is seeking a strategic and impact focused Group Product Manager to join our dynamic and fast-paced team. This opportunity is exciting, offering you the chance to lead one of our core product areas and drive the vision of our patient-facing products.
Your mission: partner with engineering, clinical and design to build transformative products that advance the treatment of insomnia, depression, and anxiety. As a central figure within our team, you will report directly to our VP Product as an individual contributor, with the responsibility of shaping our strategy, and overseeing daily execution. If you are passionate about building software products, creating exceptional user experiences, solving interesting and complex problems and using data to drive insights we’d love to hear from you!
- Gain a deep understanding of customers and patients, identifying the challenges they face in their roles and lives.
- Translate these challenges into a compelling vision and comprehensive product plans, collaborating closely with design, engineering, and clinical teams.
- Define clear success metrics and measurable objectives for our products.
- Execute on product plans, crafting delightful user experiences that drive measurable impact.
- Conduct user research in partnership with design and clinical teams.
- Collaborate with the analytics team to delve into data, discern trends, and inform future decisions.
- Develop best-in-class product specifications that simplify complexity and convey the core value delivery.
- Effectively communicate the rationale behind our product initiatives to the entire organization.
- Mitigate risks in your plans through various tactics such as testing, data analysis, and competitive analysis.
- Mobilize the team to move swiftly and embrace iterative development.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in design, engineering, or business.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on product management experience with a track record of delivering highly successful and innovative software products — and you were deeply proud of what you've accomplished.
- At least 2 years of experience in building mobile applications.
- Prior experience setting and delivering on a strategy you crafted, where you were accountable for the outcomes.
- Proficiency in overseeing all aspects of the product development lifecycle, from ideation to deployment.
- Strong understanding of technical aspects, including platforms, tools, and application development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, along with strong presentation and public speaking abilities.
- Start-up mentality and thrive in a fast-paced, technical, and mission-focused environment.
- Previous experience working on patient-facing products within the healthcare sector is preferred.
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out.
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture.
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.