Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
At Big Health, our mission is to help millions back to good mental health by providing fully digital, non-drug options for the most common mental health conditions. Our digital therapeutics — Daylight for anxiety, and Sleepio for insomnia — are available anytime and anywhere to help people overcome their mental health issues.
In pursuit of our mission, we’ve pioneered the first at-scale digital therapeutic business model, in partnership with some of the most prominent global healthcare organizations, including CVS Health and the UK’s NHS. Through product innovation, robust clinical evaluation, and a commitment to equity at scale, we are designing the next generation of medicine and the future of mental health care.
Big Health is a remote-first company, and this role can be based anywhere in the US. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the job requirements.
At Big Health, the analytics team makes data and insights available through self-serve data products so that people throughout the company can make optimal, data-driven decisions. As an Analytics Engineer you will be responsible for building the dimensional models that serve as the foundation for critical analysis, reporting, and experimentation. You will use SQL, dbt, LookML, and Python to transform data in our data warehouse into self-serve data products like metrics and dashboards, where it will be used by data consumers to answer questions and make decisions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the work of our stakeholders on the product development, clinical, finance, and commercial teams so that you can build the dimensional models, actionable metrics, and documents that will inform how they use data
- Architect and manage our production data models in Snowflake and how they are consumed in Looker. The technologies we use are Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Looker, and PostgreSQL
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the data that Big Health’s digital therapeutics generate, and discover and document new edge-cases and caveats to ensure that our data models reflect reality
- Build high-impact data products like Looker dashboards to enable self-serve analysis
- Author design documents that resolve technical complexity, as well as instructional materials and semantic layer content that ensures data consumers arrive at the correct answers
- Lead cross-functional projects from the ingestion of a new data source to polished metrics and dashboards
Required Skills and Experience:
- Passionate about our values and how we work together as a data pod and company
- Must be very detail oriented and experienced with writing tests and devising cross checks. Our data models are production systems and this role, along with others, are responsible for ensuring that any changes made to them are thoroughly tested
- 4+ years of experience working with data and related technologies like data warehouses, visualization tools, databases, and ETL pipelines
- Experience building data visualizations, dashboards, and presentations that quickly express actionable insights
- A track record of developing data products with high business impact and experience determining priorities within projects to ensure efficient collaboration and on-time delivery
- Experience working closely with non-technical end-users, as well as maintaining data catalogs and semantic layers intended for their use
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More Background on Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health. To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.