Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
At Big Health, our mission is to help millions back to good mental health by providing fully digital, non-drug options for the most common mental health conditions. Our digital therapeutics — Daylight for anxiety, and Sleepio for insomnia — are available anytime and anywhere to help people overcome their mental health issues.
In pursuit of our mission, we’ve pioneered the first at-scale digital therapeutic business model, in partnership with some of the most prominent global healthcare organizations, including CVS Health and the UK’s NHS. Through product innovation, robust clinical evaluation, and a commitment to equity at scale, we are designing the next generation of medicine and the future of mental health care.
Big Health is a remote-first company, and this role can be based anywhere in the US. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To learn more about working at Big Health, visit Built In.
As a Security Engineer at Big Health, you will be building a stronger platform to protect our users. You will be responsible for raising the bar on security by designing and implementing various tools to detect and respond to issues in our cloud environment. You will build up defenses and ensure that we strike the right balance of security, safety, and usability. You will be learning and teaching - we believe that security is a company-wide effort, and the best way to build an effective security culture is to ensure everyone has access to the best information to make informed decisions about security and risk.
- Design, implement, and manage cloud security solutions using AWS services, with a focus on Linux-based containerized environments
- Collaborate closely with the DevOps and QMS teams to ensure we're building tooling that meets both our technical and regulatory requirements
- Train others on tools and code they develop
- Demonstrate a strong appetite for learning and staying updated with new skills, tools, and techniques
- Write and maintain comprehensive technical documentation, in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Proactively search for indicators of compromise and potential threats to the organization or our patients data
- Support the security of our applications and platform through monitoring and analysis using tools such as AWS Security Hub, Splunk, and AWS WAFs
- Design, implement, and manage cloud security solutions using AWS services, with a focus on Linux-based environments
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of Python development experience
- 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing monitoring and alerting solutions. Individuals with backgrounds in roles like DevOps, Cloud Security Architect, and related positions would bring valuable insights to enhance our security infrastructure
- 1+ year of hands-on experience in hardening AWS environments
- 2+ years of experience working in regulated environments, with a preference for experience in HIPAA compliance
- Proven track record of successfully defending against real-world compromises, and ability to proactively detect, respond to, and mitigate security incidents, ensuring the integrity of our systems and data
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More Background on Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health. To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.