Customer Success Engineer
Company Level 3
Salary band £32,000 - £45,000
5% bonus (annual & discretionary & performance based)
Work from our office in London and at all customer sites as required
Automata is building a world-class company to disrupt the life science industry and empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab.
We work with labs worldwide to understand their specific workflows and needs and develop personalised solutions ranging from diagnostic, and drug discovery to synthetic biology.
We're building our LINQ platform as a hardware and software platform. This allows us to simplify common automation tasks, while also supporting more advanced paths for specialised workflows, in a fast, flexible, and cost-efficient way.
We are looking for a Customer Success Engineer whose mission is to work with our customers to deliver automated workflows based on their needs on our product platform. You will therefore be the bridge between Automata and our customers from a technical side, striving to maximise the value derived from the LINQ product platform based on the specific customer use cases.
Other companies might refer to this role as an "Application Engineer".
Why is this role important for Automata?
You are the core part when it comes to actually delivering our product. You have the best understanding of the customer needs and our product capabilities so that you can maximise our added value.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Scoping and planning technical work packages and delivery plans for a customer project
- Designing end-to-end solutions for our customers covering software and hardware based on a high-level Pre-Sales design
- Generating and executing testing plans and risk assessments
- Developing automation workflows to enable the project-specific scientific workflows
- Collaborating closely with customers to understand their needs, gather feedback, and provide solutions or recommendations for product optimization.
- Generating project documentation and certification based on the geographic region (UKCA, CE etc.)
- Training our customers on the LINQ product and handing over the system to them
- Collaborating closely with customer success managers, deployment engineers and the rest of the business to deliver the overall project
- Collaborating with product development teams to share feedback based on your project insights
What it takes:
- Capability to deliver projects in a fast-paced environment with an innovative and creative mindset while working within tight deadlines
- The mindset to optimise the value creation for our customers based on scientific understanding
- Strong team player
- Cross-functional skill set across software engineering up to electrical and mechanical design
- Cross-team collaboration
- Proficient with technical writing and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software Development skills: Python
- Quality awareness
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience delivering projects for B2B customers
- Life Sciences experience
- Experience with driver development, networking and/or product certification
- Worked with automation systems before
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is about teams who share our passion.
If you want to work in a high-paced environment and be the automation expert who enables lab scientists to use and benefit from automation systems based on true walk-away time, then come and join our team.
If this sounds like a good fit and have ticked the right boxes, you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.