Staff Customer Success Engineer
Company Level 5
Salary band £60,000 - £85,000
10% bonus (annual & discretionary & performance based)
Work from our office in London and at all customer sites as required
Automata is building a world-class company to disrupt the life science industry and empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab.
We work with labs worldwide to understand their specific workflows and needs and develop personalised solutions ranging from diagnostic, and drug discovery to synthetic biology.
We're building our LINQ platform as a hardware and software platform. This allows us to simplify common automation tasks, while also supporting more advanced paths for specialised workflows, in a fast, flexible, and cost-efficient way.
We are looking for a Staff Customer Success Engineer whose mission is to lead a team of success engineers to professionalise and standardise our ways of working for delivering the engineering side of our customer-facing projects as well as delivering our product to customers. You will therefore be the bridge between Automata and our customers from a technical side, striving to maximise the value derived from the LINQ product platform based on the specific customer use cases.
Other companies might refer to this role as an Application Engineer.
Why is this role important for Automata?
Our business growth is manifesting in an increasing number of deployments per year, we continually iterate and professionalise our processes, ways of working and skills, ensuring that our Success Engineering team scales alongside the business in the coming years.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Scoping and planning technical work packages and delivery plans for a customer project
- Designing end-to-end solutions for our customers, covering software and hardware based on high-level Pre-Sales designs
- Generating and executing testing plans and risk assessments
- Developing automation workflows to enable project-specific scientific workflows
- Collaborating closely with customers to understand their needs, gather feedback, and provide solutions or recommendations for product optimisation
- Generating project documentation and certification based on the geographic region (UKCA, CE etc.)
- Training our customers on the LINQ product and handing over the system to them
- Collaborating closely with customer success managers, deployment engineers and the rest of the business to deliver the overall project
- Prioritising and driving strategic initiatives with the success engineering team to improve ways of working
- Building a team culture around feedback and knowledge sharing
- Collaborating with product development teams to share feedback based on your project insights
What it takes:
- Previous experience leading and delivering complex projects for B2B customers
- Mindset to optimise the value creation for our customers based on scientific understanding
- Proven experience with hands-on line-management
- Leadership and line management experience
- Cross-functional skill set across software engineering up to electrical and mechanical design
- Cross-team collaboration
- Proficient with technical writing and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software Development skills: Python
- Quality awareness
Nice to haves:
- Life Sciences experience
- Experience with driver development, networking and/or product certification
- Worked with automation systems before
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is about teams who share our passion.
If you want to be the automation expert who enables lab scientists to use and benefit from automation systems based on true walkaway time and want to build a highly skilled and successful engineering team, then come and join our team.
If this sounds like a good fit and have ticked the right boxes, you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.