Head of People (Part-time)
Head of People (Part-time)
Founded by brothers Jonathan and Alex Petrides in 2017, allplants makes plant-based living exciting and easy, delivering mouthwatering, healthier food to busy homes UK-wide. The science is irrefutable. Eating more plants is the #1 way to help yourself and our planet thrive. That’s why, at allplants we’ve started by helping the rapidly emergent plant curious consumer, by making eating more plants a supremely positive and exciting choice: a fiesta of flavour, not a fast.
Since launching in 2017, allplants is already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe having served up >5 million meals to UK homes who subscribe for feel-good, healthier living. This track-record resulted in a record-breaking Series B raise in Summer 2021 and our launch into retail.
The plans for 2023 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing the product range to serve a growing community, scaling our teams and expanding the production space in Blackhorse Road (The Greenhouse).. The allplants team is ready to scale their inclusive celebration of food to the next level and is looking for talent like you to join its journey.
This part time (3 days per week) Head of People role sits on the Leadership Team (LT) and is a key enabler in making allplants a high performing team; driving for effectiveness, efficiency and ultimately making this a great place to work by continuously elevating the employee experience.
Partnering with the LT, this role will drive impact and continuous improvement across our growing Food & Kitchen Production team (which today is roughly 40 people in a manufacturing style setting), as well as our HQ team (of around 30 people). You’ll have a broad spectrum of People experience and know-how to guide and influence senior stakeholders whilst delivering day-to-day HR duties.
You will be passionate about upholding best people practices, legal requirements, and creating engagement with internal processes and initiatives - and recommending/putting in place improvements where required.
You will report to Shelley Macintyre (our GM & Chief Marketing Officer), with two direct reports in the People Team (also working part-time), and partner closely with senior leaders and line managers.
What you'll be doing
- A “bit of everything”, you will be an HR generalist who likes to get stuck in and has a passion for driving continuous improvement. As a start-up, we are doing some things well and need to mature in others. Your teams’ remit includes: Employee Relations cases & employment law; hiring (Production and HQ roles), onboarding, offboarding; performance cycles and reward; succession planning, employee engagement events + contributing to a positive office environment. Ultimately this role is to ensure our people practices are always safe and compliant;
- Act as a trusted advisor and business partner with the LT to support a High Performance environment and great place to work;
- Ownership of People Budget including staff benefits, welfare, training and team/company events;
- Key contributor to Payroll Governance and accuracy, alongside Finance team;
- Partner with leaders to design, implement and communicate effective processes that are up to date, legally compliant and deliver a positive impact; ensuring they are followed and well documented;
- Support managers to deal with absence, performance and misconduct issues;
- Support performance management, promotion and reward processes;
- Support and guide SLT on all aspects of organisational design
- Promote and actively support on all D + I initiatives
- Work with the wider People & Talent team on company-wide initiatives and people projects;
What you'll need
- You must have experience of and enjoy start-up founder-led businesses, which means you will find comfort in an ever changing environment. No day will be the same, you’ll need to be agile and adaptable, where you’ll need to flex between your strategic and operational muscles;
- An HR generalist, you will also have strong Employee Relations experience at an operational level. Experience in Food Production, Manufacturing and Head Office teams will be beneficial;
- You will see your role as guiding, advising and business partnering, supporting the Leadership Team and people managers, delivering through them;
- Strong appreciation for, and experience in building trusted advisor relationships within the business; with leaders and managers at all levels from varied backgrounds and demographics
- The flexibility to context switch between various projects simultaneously and to manage conflicting priorities with different stakeholders
- A curious mindset; always seeking improvement, whether that's to do with optimising processes, or fuelling own or others’ personal growth
- Great communication skills, with the ability to partner with people at all levels and advise them on different topics and challenges
- Passion for the allplants brand and mission: “to inspire the planet to eat more plants, creating a better world for people and planet”.
*There's quite a bit on this list. If you feel you have some of the experience but not all of it, please do still apply. We love developing our team 💪
What we offer
🌍 Be part of a certified B-Corp, dedicated to using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
🏖 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
🎂 plus an additional day off for your birthday
🧘♀️ Health & Well-being cover with Medicash
📚 Yearly learning allowance
💻 Hybrid working model: 2+ days at allplants HQ in Walthamstow aka “The Greenhouse”
🕰 Flexible working hours
💪 Gym discounts
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🍼Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave: 16 weeks paid leave for primary caregiver & 8 weeks for secondary caregiver
💔 Pregnancy loss support leave
🚀 Real opportunities to accelerate your learning & growth (we see 1 year with us being equivalent to 2 year elsewhere)
💰 Competitive salary and stock options from day one
🌱 50% discount on allplants products
🥗 Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings
At allplants diversity is about embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together, in terms of our business but also our culture. We fully embrace diversity by giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, and proactively support the growth and development of our team members, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity or family structure.
Click here to access our Privacy Notice.
- The Greenhouse (HQ & Production)
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Head of People (Part-time)
Already working at allplants?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.