Junior Category Manager
We are on the search for a Category Manager (internally called a Sales Steering and Revenue Manager) to be responsible for the Benelux, Scandi and Italy regions. You will be working to ensure that the best deals, promotions and campaigns are running within these markets, so that we can inspire our members across these regions to escape in style! This role can be based in Berlin or London.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is one of the world’s leading members-only, online travel deals companies, offering inspiring travel experiences and hand-picked offers to over 60 million members worldwide. Operating in 10 countries across Europe, Secret Escapes continues to grow and establish itself as a world-class business, dedicated to giving our members the best range and value in luxury travel deals at low prices.
Secret Escapes operates a flexible working policy and we are all in the office 1 day a week (minimum) and have core hours of 10am-4pm (you can make up the other hours to suit you). In keeping with being an inspirational travel brand, we also have a ‘Work from Anywhere’ policy, so you can work from anywhere in the world for up to a month each year!
We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch of individuals from different backgrounds and with varied interests, but the one thing we all have in common is that we’re good people (even if we do say so ourselves!).
Our dynamic and collaborative team, led by the Head of Sales Steering & Revenue Management, are at the forefront of optimising our portfolios and enhancing overall performance by making sure we have the right deals, in the right places, at the right time. Working alongside five highly skilled (Senior) Sales Steering & Revenue Managers, you will be an integral part of a central function within our business. The team aims to maximise trade with campaigns and promotions by working with various departments in the business to get the best criteria for customer targeting, as well as providing in-depth analyses around performance, to come up with actionable insights.
With a balanced distribution, half of our team is based in Berlin and the other half in London, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. The team's hybrid work model provides flexibility, allowing for a substantial amount of home office time, while also fostering a sense of unity through periodic in-person meetings at our offices in Berlin, London, or Amsterdam. If you are seeking a challenging yet supportive work culture that values innovation and teamwork, this is the team for you. Join us in driving success and making a significant impact on our organisation's growth trajectory.
Things you’ll be working on:
- Accountable for reaching the revenue targets for your designated markets across our entire product portfolio
- Ensure the best deals live/in flash/promo/always on mode at the best time for the market
- Maximise trade and revenue of the market and take needed trading actions with relevant stakeholders after analysis & reporting
- Design, plan and steer deal portfolio for the market with which deals are needed from which point of supply, when, in which selling status (promo/flash/always on)
- Manage an inspirational and innovative product mix based on data, market trends and targeted audience
- Deciding target division within the market for the destinations and product lines
The deal breakers:
- Stakeholder management and exceptional relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills to make informed decisions - we love data and we use it to understand the why and action on it
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel; familiarity with reporting tool Tableau for data analysis and reporting purposes is a plus
- Experience in managing deal portfolios, including planning and performance management, to achieve revenue targets and optimise product offerings
- Work independently, with great time management, meeting deadlines while managing your market and all relevant tasks
- Target driven, with the ability to keep track of own performance and KPI’s
- Customer centric approach with a passion for travel
- Fluent in English
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.