We're looking for hard working self starters to join the team, who can keep up with the pace and
want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting
along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to be hands-on
and we're all genuinely passionate about our brand.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the world’s leading members-only online travel deal company, offering inspiring travel experiences and hand-picked offers to over 75 million users worldwide across our family of brands.
Operating in 21 countries across Europe and Asia, Secret Escapes Group continues to grow and establish itself as a world-class business, dedicated to giving our members the best range and value in luxury travel deals at low prices.
Founded in 2011, and following a number of acquisitions, we’ve doubled in size over the last 3 years and have a social-media following the size of a small country. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch of individuals from different backgrounds and with varied interests, but the one thing we all have in common is that we’re good people (even if we do say so ourselves!
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
We support a growing team of talented marketing individuals, working across multiple platforms
and using a wide range of data sources. We aim to identify and implement automations and
processes around data. We are constantly working towards more uniform and transparent
reporting. We are solely responsible for a start to end data processing and modelling for all
marketing channels and the main point of contact for the data warehousing and engineering teams.
Things you’ll be working on:
● Creating and maintaining marketing reporting via DBT and Tableau
● DBT Data pipeline creation and data architecture
● Troubleshooting data issues and reporting anomalies
● Developing and maintaining operational KPIs reporting
● Developing and maintaining Board level reporting
● Supporting and modelling data for all marketing teams
● Collaborating with other teams within the Secret Escapes to complete a variety of data projects
● Answering database queries in relation to various affiliate partners & suppliers
● Assist with any ad-hoc reporting for the marketing team.
● Occurring accuracy of the monthly budget figures database records
How the magic happens
Marketing Data Solutions is a small team within the wider Marketing organisation. We are a go to
team for any technology, reporting, data, finance, business KPIs requests coming from multiple
clients across the business. We are extremely focussed on making sure we can support the team. We
take any opportunity to automate data and operational processes and offer ‘self service’ type long
term solutions. We are working closely with the data team, using platforms such as Snowflake,
Tableau, DBT . We still find time for some fun, ping pong, board games and drinks!
● Advanced knowledge of SQL, Excel/Gsheets, Tableau, DBT
● Basic knowledge MS Access
● Intermediate data modelling skills
● Ability to structure and collaborate on data projects
● Ability to quickly identify and troubleshoot data issues
● Ability to design and visualise dashboards
● Accuracy and attention to detail are critical
● Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and
appropriately with colleagues at all levels
● Passion and curiosity in the data and technology space, continually innovating and asking
And you are…
● Keen to have real ownership of projects
● Excellent communicator
● Able to prioritise and deal with multiple stakeholders at the same time
● Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis.
● Results and data-driven, yet light hearted and fun.
● Loves working in a team environment whilst keen to own projects
Things you should know
We are known for hosting the best ‘themed’ parties for all of the London office. We are very keen on
bottomless lunches/dinners (record 35 chicken wings consumed by a single individual in one
seating). We regularly attend some form of ‘escape rooms’ / ‘treasure hunt’ around London.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.