Contracts Manager - Italy (Maternity Cover)
We are now searching for a talented Contracts Manager to join our contracting team. The role is based in Italy (remote/home working). Reporting to the Head of Contracting, this person will take responsibility for negotiating contracts for hotel products directly with suppliers across Italy.
Secret Escapes is the world's leading members-only online travel deal company, offering inspiring travel experiences and hand-picked offers to over 75 million users worldwide across our family of brands.
Operating across Europe, Secret Escapes Group continues to grow and establish itself as a world-class business, dedicated to giving our members the best range and value in luxury travel deals at low prices.
We're a diverse and inclusive bunch of individuals from different backgrounds and with varied interests, but the one thing we all have in common is that we're good people (even if we do say so ourselves!).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining existing business relationships and contracting new hotels in Italy across our range of product types
- Building and developing a portfolio of hotels and products to create a diverse portfolio across Italy, from country hotels and spas to chic and boutique in the city, from beach resorts to self-catering apartments
- Managing all elements of the contracting process from target identification and initial contact right through to pricing, contract agreement, allocation management and ongoing account management
- Close collaboration with other departments – particularly with Operations, Sales Steering, Customer Service
What we are looking for:
- A proven Contracts Manager with a track record of successful contracting is essential
- Experience of negotiating contracts with hotels in Italy is essential
- Fluent English
- Good knowledge of the inbound travel market
- Possess a black book of contacts for hoteliers in Italy
- Good general knowledge of the travel market
- Ability to travel when required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent account management, business development and negotiation skills – previous flash sale experience and knowledge of Salesforce a bonus
- Boundless energy and commitment to your work and an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ approach to business
We are an equal opportunity employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.