Front End Web Developer - Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Software Engineering
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
We are seeking a Frontend Web Developer to build, maintain and bring innovation to all of
our commercial and member marketing web properties. This position will play a key role in
the marketing organization, working closely with design to bring modern web experiences to
life for both Pelago members and our B2B prospects. This role also offers the unique
opportunity to give strategic input on technology choices that will shape the future of the
organization and have an impact on the health outcomes for thousands of members.
- Develop robust, scalable front end web experiences for Pelago marketing properties
- Maintain existing websites, find and suggest improvements, implement new features, and bring forward new ideas
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing Team to select and develop and a scalable CMS and front end for client landing pages
- Support marketing teams with development work for other landing pages, and email marketing
- Keep up with the latest developments in frontend architecture, trends, and best practices
- Contribute to website development with a technical approach around analytics and A/B testing
- Be the ‘go-to’ for technical questions about your area of expertise, friendly and approachable to marketing and the wider business
The background we're looking for:
- Proven work experience as a Frontend Developer
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Strong problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Experience with headless CMS platforms like Contentful, WordPress, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of CSS frameworks such as Tailwind CSS
- Knowledge of modern web development technologies and techniques, including responsive web design and web performance optimization
- Working knowledge of Github
- Familiarity with Vercel and Next.js is a plus
- Experience developing accessible code is a nice bonus
- Someone who is passionate about their work, likes to share and collaborate with others, and appreciates the dynamics of a startup environment
Our teams at Pelago are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Pelago is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.