Senior Recruiter, Business & Technology
IT, People & HR
Remote · Rockville, MD, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
As Pelago continues to grow at a rapid pace, the People team operates as a foundational resource for all candidates and employees. As a dynamic startup, our team builds processes and programs from the ground-up, partnering with every function of the business to enable our people to break down barriers, propel themselves forward, and impact lives for the better.
We are looking for a driven, creative, and passionate Senior Recruiter to partner closely with hiring managers to source and recruit for roles at all levels across many business areas including G&A, Sales, Marketing, Growth, Engineering, and Product. You will develop practical and creative ways to seek out and pipeline leading talent, and build meaningful networks of candidates across the US and UK through a highly engaged and diversity-driven approach.
Working at Pelago means changing member lives while shaping your own future. As a member of the People team, you’ll solve complex problems across the organization as we empower and enable you to do your best work. We nurture our team of Pelagonians with a sea of support as we break down barriers to substance use care that works.
To fill this role, you must have at least 3 years of proven experience sourcing, recruiting, and partnering with business stakeholders to hire top talent. This will be a remote role, hiring nationwide and globally, ideally located in commutable distance to our NYC office for weekly lunches and teamwork. You have a sense of urgency, proven success in a similar role, a clear communication style, and a passion for candidate experience.
- Recruit for quality talent at all levels across the business, including G&A, Sales, Marketing, Growth, Engineering, and Product
- Define innovative sourcing strategies to drive strong talent pipelines
- Own end-to-end recruitment life cycle from sourcing, screening, and scheduling to closing candidates
- Deliver a best-in-class candidate experience and help your hiring managers to do the same
- Nurture prospective candidate relationships to develop diverse, quality, talent pools
- Use data to identify and eliminate bottlenecks and inefficiencies in your recruiting process
- Contribute to process improvement to build and maintain a world-class talent function
- Build strong hiring manager relationships through frequent, transparent, high touch communication
- Ensure all interview processes and practices are equitable and inclusive
- Leverage our ATS to build efficiency and create automation where possible
- Engage with talent communities through social media, promoting Pelago’s employee value proposition and important mission
- Operate with industry expertise; consulting with internal partners on market trends, salary recommendations and talent availability
- Maintain accurate and easy to digest data and metrics that tell a clear story, leveraging available tools and systems
- Lead and participate in talent-related projects
The background we are looking for
- 3+ years experience and successful track record of hiring top talent in high-performing and fast growth environments
- Significant experience as a full cycle recruiter with a track record of quality hiring
- Ability to think outside of the box and be innovative when it comes to sourcing outstanding talent
- Demonstrated tenacity and resilience in challenging and ambiguous situations
- Clear, effective communication which facilitates stellar collaboration across a variety of stakeholders (candidates, hiring managers, peers)
- Independent ability to solve complex problems in a rapidly scaling organization
- Strong operational skills with a focus on continuous improvement and efficiency
- Ability to produce, analyze and use data to make smart decisions
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (Lever) and other recruiting platforms and sourcing tools
Our teams at Pelago are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Pelago is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.