Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
As a Counselor Manager you will be supporting and empowering our team of D&A Counselors to provide quality care to their members as they assist their members to live addiction-free lives! You will work closely with the whole team contributing to the fast growth of the business and gaining first-hand experience of what it takes to scale up a successful business. This is a remote position based anywhere in the USA.
What You'll Be Doing
- Counseling Members
- Provide counseling to members on a weekly basis through text-based chat and phone calls, to monitor their progress on their recovery journey
- Monitor the progress of members and offer therapeutic strategies on how to deal with temptations and cravings
- Be supportive and encouraging to members to help them establish and sustain motivation to change their substance use
- Help our members transform their lives and the lives of their family through their addiction recovery!
- Counselor Management
- Provide performance + clinical supervision to Pelago's D&A Counselors to assure appropriate and effective service delivery
- Oversee group supervision– Counselor Managers are responsible for assisting with oversight of treatment fidelity and clinical scope issues, triaging issues up to the VP of Clinical Affairs for further oversight and sign-off as appropriate
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement, learning, and development
- Assist with quality assurance reviews (i.e. fidelity)
- Additional Responsibilities, As Needed
- Monitor employee and member satisfaction to ensure resilience amongst our counselor staff and a high-quality member experience
- Contribute to team training
- Aid in hiring and licensure processes
- Work cross functionally with other Operations & Care Managers to assess training and supervision needs and desires, solve operational challenges, and support the team and organization as it continues to scale
- Collaborate with other Pelago departments to ensure a positive experience for all members and provide valuable feedback to the product development team
- Hold an active state credential (license/certification), issued via a state credentialing board
- Must be able to work independently, without supervision from a licensed supervisor
- Credentials in multiple states is highly valued
- Hold an active relevant credential (license/certification) that is recognized by a national credentialing body– either the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) and/or the Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)
- LISAC, AADAC, CAADC, CADC-II, CAC-II, NCAC-II, MAC, LCADC, MAC, NCSE minimum credentials
- LCSW & LICSW, LMHC, LPC etc. whose scope of practice, training, and experience include SUD treatment
Potential eligible credentials include–
What We Look For
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive leadership and managerial experience, preferably within a remote work environment
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience delivering CBT and/or behavioral support for individuals with substance use disorders, including tobacco, alcohol, and/or opioid use disorders
- Either MS/MA (preferred) and/or BS (preferred)/BA in a related field
- A thorough understanding of addiction and the latest evidence-based practices for treatment
- Working knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques
- Able to work collaboratively with healthcare professionals from different disciplines, including physicians and nurses
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to fast-changing environments subject to ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize competing work demands
- Technologically proficient and able to swiftly adapt to technological developments
- Have an established work from home office w/ adequate internet connection and a confidential workspace
- Bonus: Quantitative/qualitative research experience
- Compensation for this role ranges from $68,000 - $70,000 per year based on years of experience in addiction medicine, as well as supervisory experience
Our teams at Pelago are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Pelago is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.