PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Firewalk Studios is dedicated to creating unforgettable multiplayer experiences that capture the joy of playing together. We believe in the power of multiplayer and want to delight players with worlds that spark imagination and forge connection through immersive gameplay, artistry, and heartfelt characters. In 2023, Firewalk joined PlayStation Studios and unveiled its debut project: Concord – an original sci-fi universe and PVP multiplayer FPS launching on PS5 and PC in 2024.
Creating worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team. Firewalk is building a world-class, next-generation game studio with a focus on a more sustainable approach to game development. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Video Editor who is interested in applying their skills to help bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Video Editor, you will be responsible for taking marketing briefs and creating high-end video assets for use across Concord digital and social platforms. Your expertise as a storyteller will be crucial in building the Concord tone and identity as well as driving engagement and player fandom. This role reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Operations for Firewalk Studios.
WHO YOU ARE
- Deep understanding of cinematic storytelling, video production, film, and video game capture with a talent for transforming content into compelling visual narratives.
- You have developed video content for AAA multiplayer titles, and have a thorough understanding of video content usage across multiple channels, including digital advertising, social media, website development, and events.
- Strong technical knowledge of video and audio post-production, motion graphics, and color correction.
- Familiar with the latest trends in social media, editing, motion graphics, and automation.
- Time-conscious and deadline-driven, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality video content.
- Able to take and apply feedback, continuously striving for improvement.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Set the creative vision and concept for video projects, brainstorming ideas and approaches.
- Write, revise, and edit scripts, ensuring they align with the Concord IP and tone.
- Lead entire process of video content creation, from conceptualization to production, including game capture and editing.
- Partner with Marketing Producer to prioritize deliverables and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Apply video editing, motion graphics, audio editing, and color correction expertise to multimedia deliverables.
- Own the end-to-end post-production process, delivering video content for marketing campaigns and projects.
- Work with Engineering team to optimize and build new trailer capture tools.
- Film and produce behind the scenes videos of studio culture or the making of Concord.
- Partner with publishing creative services team to deliver against various marketing campaign video needs and requirements.
- Produce internal Concord and studio video content for studio and publishing presentation needs.
- Experience working with community, social, and marketing production teams to create ‘always on’ digital and social media video content.
- Exhibit exceptional creativity and proven experience in video editing and storytelling, with a strong portfolio of video projects.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere, to create high-quality videos.
- Technically proficient working in Unreal Engine to capture video footage.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing project requirements and feedback.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.