Software Engineer In Test (Unreal Engine, C++) (12m FTC)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Software Engineer In Test (Unreal Engine, C++)
Contract type: (12m FTC)
Please note we are able to offer this role as fully remote or flexible working from our Liverpool Office.
As part of PlayStation Studios, the Quality Engineering group act as the strategic partner to AAA studios and specialise in generating productivity improvements across the software development life cycle with innovative, customers centric services, tools, and processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify and reduce technical debt to help the studio release a high quality game
- Assist with debugging on an Unreal Engine 5 AAA game
- Collaborate closely with Test Engineers, QA, Developers and Production
- Development Team and Production
- Test Engineering & QA
What we're looking for:
- Strong proficiency in C++ programming language.
- Extensive experience with Unreal Engine, including Blueprint scripting and engine customization
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to non-technical team members.
- Experience creating automated tests within Unreal Engine
- Experience with performance testing and profiling tools.
Ideal Candidates will show:
- A portfolio of personal work
- Computer science/engineering degree
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and shower
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.