Senior Lead - Player Support
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Firewalk is looking for a Senior Lead - Player Support interested in helping establish and lead the team responsible for quality customer service for a game played by millions of gamers around the globe.
You will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the Player Support and Safety efforts for our upcoming PVP multiplayer FPS, Concord. You will be an advocate for our players and work cross-functionally with Customer Support, Production, Developers, and Community teams to promote the overall health of the project and ensure that player issues and conduct are identified, investigated, resolved, and communicated swiftly and efficiently.
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced Player Support professional with a passion for multiplayer games.
- An effective and empathetic collaborator that cares deeply about fostering strong cross-functional relationships and healthy teams.
- Committed to creating and maintaining high-quality, inclusive, and positive player experiences.
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, and able to identify, define, and manage projects from inception through execution.
- Proactive and able to communicate clearly, concisely, and timely with a wide array of stakeholders and contributors working on-site, remote, and across the globe.
- Adept at balancing long-term planning with day-to-day tasks and emergent issues.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Act as the primary point of contact and conduit between global PlayStation Player Support teams and the studio to identify, investigate, and resolve issues affecting players.
- Be an advocate for the player and work with QA and Production teams to track and resolve common or persistent issues through near- and long-term releases.
- Build and oversee a growing team of embedded Player Support and Player Safety Specialists that focus on the positive experience of our global community of players.
- Create workflows and guidelines for reviewing, validating, and enforcing player reports that may be in violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Monitor, assess, and prioritize the investigation of support and reporting tickets to ensure issues are reviewed swiftly and addressed promptly.
- Advise community and communications teams on proactive and reactive messaging that addresses player feedback, issues, or feature requests.
- Work alongside live operations teams to understand the incoming patches and potential impact on player support.
- Generate reports and organize regular briefings with studio leadership for overall player support health, risks, and strategic changes needed.
- Experience in Player support and peripheral functions of LiveOps for an online game.
- Experience as a Player Support Lead across at least two shipped game titles.
- Proficient in commonly used support ticketing platforms and bug tracking software such as JIRA.
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical teams to identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrable ability to lead complex projects and facilitate positive outcomes for all parties.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.