Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Biofidelity is a revolutionary genomic technology company dedicated to unleashing the potential of genomics to transform human health and the world we live in. Our adaptive platform technology removes the noise from genomic data, providing only the information needed to make decision making less complex, faster, and more accurate.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of humanity, openness and high expectations. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can make genomics globally accessible. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary and opportunities for career development, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including private medical & dental care, bonus, share option scheme, pension, income protection and life insurance, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, 26 days per year holiday allowance and free physical training sessions.
Biofidelity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Bioinformatician to join our rapidly growing team. In this role you will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing bioinformatic solutions across our product development pipeline, from concept and development to clinical validation and product launch. An ideal candidate is collaborative, adaptable and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
● Develop and implement methods for the processing, analysis and interpretation of NGS data
● Architect secure, robust and scalable cloud-based tools
● Work closely with the R&D team, providing data analysis support and helping to improve assay performance
● Work with the quality team to develop high quality, maintainable code in compliance with regulatory requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Strong background in computational biology (Essential)
● Scientific software development experience (Essential, proficiency in one or more of Python, C, C++, or R)
● Clear communicator, with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work across the company including non-technical colleagues (Essential)
● Experience with NGS data analysis (Essential)
● Understanding of cancer genomics (Desired)
● Experience in mathematical modeling of NGS data (Desired)
● Experience in architecting and developing cloud-based solutions in Amazon Web Services (Desired)
● Experience developing and deploying bioinformatics pipelines using Docker containers (Desired)
● Experience using bioinformatics workflow management systems such as Nextflow (Desired)
● Knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL for managing and querying large datasets (Desired)
● Prior experience adhering to Software Development Life Cycle processes and/or working within regulated environments (Desired)
● Familiarity with standard software engineering tools (Jira, Git, CI/CD) (Essential)
● Experience with variant calling pipelines for WES or WGS (Desired)
● Knowledge of software development and quality assurance such as ISO 13485, EN 62304, ISO 27001 (Desired)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
● BSc/MSc in fields of computer science or software development or PhD in computational biology / bioinformatics
● Experience in postdoctoral research or industry (essential)
See more open positions at Biofidelity
Something looks off?